Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can we expect more Ship Conversions like the Buffalo Mk2 and Promotheus Mk2?  (Read 2670 times)

SteelSoldier

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I think factions converting ships that were originally supposed to fill a non combat role are an interesting way of making more ships, I would love to see a Valkyrie where the troops transportation area is fully converted in a Bomber Carrier Hangar or some other interesting system.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I like to see more midline ships given the high-tech treatment like Brawler (TT).

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Brawler TT is quite the odd ship. For the changing of weapon mounts to converting from ballistic to energy weapons, it essentially gets loads of Ordnance Points. Normally you would expect it to go faster.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Even if more TT ships are worse than the originals, at least Tri-Tachyon would be distinct instead of using the same midline ships three or four other factions use, much like how Pathers have their own variations of standard ships.

Also mildly annoying when there is a TT tag for blueprints, and there is almost nothing to build except for Brawler and Buffalo (and maybe one more).

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile

This would be nice. Also it'd be nice if you could mod them into the variant ship if you had the original. That would likely be complex to implement however.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile

A Heron (TT) would save the trouble of making a new high-tech carrier. Change the Universal to a Synergy and it's all set.

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Brawler TT is quite the odd ship. For the changing of weapon mounts to converting from ballistic to energy weapons, it essentially gets loads of Ordnance Points. Normally you would expect it to go faster.

It does. It gets the plasma burn mobility active

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Ah, I see. I forgot about the Ship System. My mistake.

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Ah, I see. I forgot about the Ship System. My mistake.
No worries i had previously made the exact mistake with that ship too.

John5

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Like this?

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile

@John5 Very intrigued by that tug in particular, what mod is it from?

John5

• Ensign
    • View Profile

It's just What I've been Tinkering

Ox Mk.II is like Mudskipper Mk.II but it's large energy kinda thing  :)

sotanaht

• Captain
    • View Profile

I like the idea of things like the Mudskipper Mk.II.  Less on the "conversion" aspect and more "a really big gun and not much else".  My ideal ship would be one or two of the largest mounts available (or just a built-in super gun), with as much engine/shield as possible and not a single thing else.  No small mounts, not even much hull or armor.  If it had a ship system at all it would be something like High Energy Focus for "more gun", or possibly more range or more speed.  It doesn't have to be cheap, built out of a civilian ship, or even frigate-sized though.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Big gun + high speed is kind of prohibited concept due to balance reasons. I mean if it was something actually functional, unlike crippled-by-design Mudskipper mk2.

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile

I love it! I imagine the drive field stabilizer could be reversed to produce a directional interdiction pulse that deals huge EMP.

I like the idea of things like the Mudskipper Mk.II.  Less on the "conversion" aspect and more "a really big gun and not much else".
My variant idea, the "Luddskipper." Hammer barrage, built-in safety overrides and double ill-advised modifications.