Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 48

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] 'Junk Pirates' 3.5.3 (including ASP & P.A.C.K.)  (Read 596950 times)

megal00t

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: 'Junk Pirates' - New Ships and Missions mod for 0.35a
« Reply #105 on: January 26, 2012, 12:27:12 PM »

no, i have the newest version and deleted the oldes. it is located in the mods folder. i got my own mod in another directory for the time being. i can't figure it out :/

megal00t

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 26, 2012, 12:33:32 PM »

crashlog:
PIC:

ERROR com.fs.starfarer.for.E  - org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["mission"] not found.
org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["mission"] not found.
   at org.json.JSONObject.get(JSONObject.java:406)
   at org.json.JSONObject.getString(JSONObject.java:577)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.class.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.Ô00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.String.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.B.super.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.for.E.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 26, 2012, 12:35:25 PM »

That could make a nice assault destroyer.

Are those AM blasters on hardpoints or turrets?

That's the 'Strike' variant I've got set up, it has those blasters sitting on each of the approx 50/50 (180/180?) coverage small energy turrets sitting out at the sides. I suppose the original designer anticipated they would be used for PD, but they've fitted this particular variant out with a front facing rack of Graviton Beams (to try and take down shields effectively) supplemented by those blasters, given they don't pack any missiles.

At its current configuration, it needs more flux capacitors if it wants to be effective with a pair like that (brings you almost to full flux after firing ...), and I'm not 100% that the weapon balance is quite right as it is ... but that was the concept, and I'm rolling with it for now ...

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 26, 2012, 12:38:08 PM »

ERROR com.fs.starfarer.for.E  - org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["mission"] not found.
org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["mission"] not found.
    at org.json.JSONObject.get(JSONObject.java:406)

That looks like a problem with mission_list.csv - but the one in the mod looks right (and works for me). Are you sure the core game itself is working? Is it possible you edited the mission_list in the game itself, by accident, so that that's the one causing a problem?

megal00t

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2012, 12:51:38 PM »

strange, even when i completely reïnstall the game it crashes. oh well maybe its beacause of my own pc. it's a heap of junk anyways..
i haven't had this problem with any other 35a mod btw :/

Avan

• Admiral
  • Pioneer of Starfarer Modding
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #110 on: January 26, 2012, 01:03:04 PM »

That could make a nice assault destroyer.

Are those AM blasters on hardpoints or turrets?

That's the 'Strike' variant I've got set up, it has those blasters sitting on each of the approx 50/50 (180/180?) coverage small energy turrets sitting out at the sides. I suppose the original designer anticipated they would be used for PD, but they've fitted this particular variant out with a front facing rack of Graviton Beams (to try and take down shields effectively) supplemented by those blasters, given they don't pack any missiles.

At its current configuration, it needs more flux capacitors if it wants to be effective with a pair like that (brings you almost to full flux after firing ...), and I'm not 100% that the weapon balance is quite right as it is ... but that was the concept, and I'm rolling with it for now ...
The hyperion (A frigate) has a pair of AM blasters, though as I recall it has a number of flux capacitor hull mods to compensate for the amount of flux they generate. So I'm thinking thats about right. Afterall, with AM blasters, the idea is generally to get close, fire, then run away while venting.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 01:05:01 PM by Avan »

Zarcon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 26, 2012, 01:10:49 PM »

Afterall, with AM blasters, the idea is generally to get close, fire, then run away while venting.

Exactly, I really enjoy that type of stuff, it is something I've experimented with a bit myself, I love the idea of the AM blaster, but the flux requirements are so high, you have to be creative about it, ha ha.
There is no instance of a nation benefitting from prolonged warfare.
Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 26, 2012, 02:02:02 PM »

Afterall, with AM blasters, the idea is generally to get close, fire, then run away while venting.

Exactly, I really enjoy that type of stuff, it is something I've experimented with a bit myself, I love the idea of the AM blaster, but the flux requirements are so high, you have to be creative about it, ha ha.
I've kind of started to think about playing by the rules, and that means obeying OP limits :(

Upshot of it is, the Langoustine can't take 3 Gravitons in to battle alongside the AMblasters, BUT it can take 3 ion cannons, a dual flak mount and a few flux capacitors. I've also tried a bank of 3 AMblasters at the front, with ioncannons on the side, which is interesting. I get the feeling the third blaster is all but redundant though, would probably be better substituted for 10 flux capacitors, and the ship would still retain it's punch ...

3 pulse-lasers, 2 pdlasers and a heavy machine gun is the current 'Standard' variant. This also carries a few flux capacitors in with it, and those pulse lasers can really chew things up.

But this OP limit stuff is hard ...

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 26, 2012, 02:05:25 PM »

The hyperion (A frigate) has a pair of AM blasters, though as I recall it has a number of flux capacitor hull mods to compensate for the amount of flux they generate. So I'm thinking thats about right. Afterall, with AM blasters, the idea is generally to get close, fire, then run away while venting.

Is that the one in the Bis'Mar mission? 'Cause that frigate is dang fun.  Plink!  Ohcrapohcrapohcrapohcrapohcrap...    :)
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

Zarcon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 26, 2012, 02:09:00 PM »

But this OP limit stuff is hard ...

Indeed!  ha ha, somehow it ends up being rather satisfying though, knowing that an idea/ship is balanced, I am excited to try out the refit screen in 0.5, that way Alex will have done the OP limit math for me via the interface.   :D
There is no instance of a nation benefitting from prolonged warfare.
Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.

Avan

• Admiral
  • Pioneer of Starfarer Modding
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #115 on: January 26, 2012, 02:11:40 PM »

Current OP values (.35a-pre2 and before) are unbalanced, so I wouldn't pay too much heed to them.

.5a-pre should be more balanced I would imagine.

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 28, 2012, 04:41:47 AM »

0.95 - The Langoustine has been added ... and a new, small mission.

Randomised battles also tweaked to include either variant of Langoustine, and Shard also picked up.

megal00t

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2012, 11:28:23 AM »

hahahahaha... i have FINALLY found what's causing the errors, ahem:
it was EVERY -->''<-- thing in EVERY CSV file. after 10 minutes of deleting all '' s i finally got it working  ;D

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 30, 2012, 09:23:48 AM »

anyone think their should be a big 3 port carrier for the junks...the octopuses are kinda...eh..

megal00t

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 30, 2012, 09:37:19 AM »

anyone think their should be a big 3 port carrier for the junks...the octopuses are kinda...eh..
kinda... meh?.... xD
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 48