Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 48

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] 'Junk Pirates' 3.5.3 (including ASP & P.A.C.K.)  (Read 596936 times)

Morathar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] 'Junk Pirates' 3.4.0 (including ASP & P.A.C.K.)
« Reply #660 on: February 07, 2020, 03:45:17 PM »

I was curious why I'd never seen any of these so-called anarchist systems despite all the sectors I've generated recently, so I glanced at your source code and learned they don't get created in Nexerelin's random sector mode. I'm sure you probably already knew that though, and I wouldn't have even posted anything except that my research led to the discovery of a related potential issue. Basically, I believe you may be running into a similar problem with generating problematic custom constellations that I recently reported in another mod here: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=17362.msg279935#msg279935.

Fortunately, the same fix that worked there (removing the constellation generation entirely and using the vanilla theme generator collection instead) should also work here. You would just need to simplify your existing generate() method in JunkGen.java like this:
Spoiler

public void generate(SectorAPI sector) {

SharedData.getData().getPersonBountyEventData().addParticipatingFaction("pack"); 
      SharedData.getData().getPersonBountyEventData().addParticipatingFaction("syndicate_asp");

SectorThemeGenerator.generators.add(1, new JunkPiratesAnarchistThemeGenerator());

new Brehinni().generate(sector);
      new Canis().generate(sector);
      //new York().generate(sector);
      new Ursulo().generate(sector);

initFactionRelationships(sector);

}

And as with the other mod, you'll probably also need to add the following import statement:

import com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.procgen.themes.SectorThemeGenerator;
[close]

Anyway, that change should guarantee that the vanilla sector theme generator logic gets access to as many constellations as possible while also allowing your anarchist theme to do its thing...
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 01:30:34 PM by mendonca »

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: February 08, 2020, 01:38:42 AM »

Thank you  :)

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

PreConceptor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: February 25, 2020, 09:58:03 PM »

Is the mod supposed to spawn randomly generated constellations right next to, among and overlapping the core worlds? Is it related to those 'anarchist systems' I keep reading about? If not, I think I may have found a bug with the random gen logic. Tested with and without JP, definitely JP causing the rogue constellations.

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 26, 2020, 03:16:06 AM »

Is the mod supposed to spawn randomly generated constellations right next to, among and overlapping the core worlds? Is it related to those 'anarchist systems' I keep reading about? If not, I think I may have found a bug with the random gen logic. Tested with and without JP, definitely JP causing the rogue constellations.

There is supposed to be a scripted 'area of denial' with a given distance from the centre of the core - pushing the generation, in principle, well outside the core worlds and also outer-core mod worlds (e.g. ORA, BRDY which sit some distance from the core).

If these systems are still appearing around and about the core, it is definitely not intended and sounds like a bug in my code - would be really interested in any feedback you have on this, and thanks in advance for bringing it up.

PreConceptor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: February 26, 2020, 01:28:54 PM »

I don't really have much to offer, but here's what I know -

- Disclaimer: I do run about 80 mods, but the collection is carefully curated and from lots of playtesting I know my game is very stable and has no bad conflicts.

- I also don't use any mods that change sector gen beyond the normal parameters like Adjusted Sector. Nexerelin is of course present and Prism is always generated.

- My mods do generate systems further out than usual like Sylphon, ORA, Diable, Tahlan, HMI, BRDY, Arsenal, etc., but when JP is deactivated, the 'zone of denial' seems to be functioning just fine with respect to these further out systems and never generates a constellation too close.

- JP seems to cause generation of a sector with random constellations way close to the core, always closer than Sylphon's Rofocale and Diable's Outer Terminus and always at least neighboring the core worlds.

- Often random constellations will spawn inside the core worlds, even within and overlapping the vanilla core systems, sometimes literally at the center of the map.

- With trial and error I can get 'good' random gens with ~ a 1/10 chance. 'Good' meaning that there are no random constellations overlapping the core worlds, merely significantly closer than usual, and far out systems like Rofocale and Outer Terminus will still be further away than a number of random constellations.

- I'll attach some screenshots showing a couple of 'good' and 'bad' JP gens, as well as a gen without JP. Again, it takes about 10 fresh games to generate a 'good' gen, and they are rarely ideal.

I doubt I'll ever play without JP, since the factions are always such a feature in my campaigns, and the gen issue isn't a deal breaker, but it is hassle to have to make 10 new games to get an unborked sector, and it's always in the back of my mind that other weirdness might pop up as a result of the gen issue, but nothing has yet.

Hope this all helps.

(I need to post the screenshot individually, feel free to delete the other posts when you've seen them. I also needed to downres them hugely, let me know if you want the full sized ones)

[attachment deleted by admin]

PreConceptor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: February 26, 2020, 01:29:48 PM »

heres a good gen

PreConceptor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: February 26, 2020, 01:30:15 PM »

and a no JP gen

PreConceptor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: February 26, 2020, 01:31:07 PM »

another bad gen

PreConceptor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: February 26, 2020, 01:31:42 PM »

another 'good' gen

« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 01:52:57 PM by PreConceptor »

RoquetheRogue

• Commander
  • personal text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: February 26, 2020, 07:26:06 PM »

I can confirm what PreConceptor is showing, it is also happening to me, and I run about 64 mods, some I disable constantly so about 60ish I'm very surprised PreConceptor can run that many mods in a "very stable" status

Feels good to know this is not garanteed and is random, but definitely problematic.
A mind that opens itself to a new idea never returns to it's original size.

PreConceptor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 01, 2020, 08:16:21 AM »

Any news on a solution to the gen issue?

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 02, 2020, 04:28:58 AM »

Hey, I'm sorry to report that I won't get a chance to work on this properly for a while, probably 8-10 weeks unfortunately (there is some stuff going on at my house and I am away from my desktop).

Hopefully by the time I get back to the house I'll be able to sort it out relatively quickly, I'm hoping it resolves itself with the fix presented by Morathar, but I guess I won't know that until I get stuck in to the detail.

Thanks though for the reporting and examples - that will be incredibly valuable.

Ambient

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: August 29, 2020, 03:18:11 PM »

So I'm running into this weird issue with the anarchist in a player sector. They are non stop streaming in fleets to track my own personal fleet even tho there is no outpost anywhere in the system.
I'm also running nexerelin, but I don't think its anything to do with that. I've never had an issue with this till this particular play trough.

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 30, 2020, 02:29:52 PM »

Whilst I try and do almost anything other than come to terms with the specific needs of my mod w.r.t. Java generally (and something I've just wanted to do anyway) I thought it would be a fun distraction to pull together the ship sketches I have done over the years ...

Spoiler
[close]

the Sickle

Spoiler
[close]

The Langoustine

Spoiler
[close]

The Old Kraken

Spoiler
[close]

The New Kraken

Spoiler
[close]

The Hammer

Spoiler
[close]

The Reaper

Spoiler
[close]

The Spinerette

Spoiler
[close]

The King Cobra

Spoiler
[close]

The Caliph

Deageon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: November 19, 2020, 09:36:11 AM »

I have to say that, despite the sometimes overabundance of Pre-Pack Anarch systems that I encounter, this mod is still some of the best stuff in just how fun the ships and fighters can be. Oblonsky "Drones" are great even though I feel a bit cheap massing them w/ the 0 OP cost, the Spinone is one of my favorite 3-bay Carriers, and the scrapjet medium mount missiles are hilarious with their random loads. Great mod, blah blah, bless u
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 48