Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 48

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] 'Junk Pirates' 3.5.3 (including ASP & P.A.C.K.)  (Read 596969 times)

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

JUNK PIRATES 3.3.10

NOT QUITE 40

MODERN THINGS

(Probably not a comprehensive list)

New Ship(s):
- Tangerine. Prototype Junk Pirates Frigate - top tier specs ... with maybe a few downsides. A sort of dark synergy with electroflares.
- Langoustine (P) added.

Reworked Ships:
- Orca lost Haymaker (stolen by the Tangerine) and replaced with Micro-Scrapjet MLRS.
- Satsuma; sprite leads to shift in weapon placements. Same overall outfit.
- Goat tweaked.
- Octopus heavily changed. Now with 'shield module'. I don't think it's connected up properly.

Nerfs:
- Orcenstein and Goat made marginally less robust.

Ship Systems:
- Mass Ejection Release Mechanism - MERMAN - now installed on the Kraken. Big retreat button. Dumps electroflares.
- Plug Jets. Mobility system. Dumps electroflares.
- A few more ships inherited both the Electrochaff and Plug Jets system.

Proc Gen:
- Several derelict Tangerines are available to salvage out in the wilds (mostly randomly placed, probably 4-6 but maybe less or more). One particular position is perhaps a little easier to find.
- Beacons added to the most dangerous Pre-Pack Anarchist Group systems.
- Anarchist Stations Nerfed
- Available zone of generation pushed out (to avoid possible clash with e.g. Blackrock / ORA) - makes them less likely to spawn generally; expected bigger impact with small maps.

Sprites refurbished:
- Satsuma; Octopus

Sprites updated:
- Orcenstein; Orca; Labrador

Sprites Tweaked:
- Hognose(s); Bully Kutta and Dogbox; Clementine; Madarine
- Sickle; Shar Pei; Spinone; Langoustine

New Names:
- Courtesy of the Glorious Trainwrecks 2012 IGF Pirate Kart, perfect fit for Junk Pirates.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 01:04:07 PM by mendonca »

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile

Spoiler
[close]

Good update.

validfrom

• Ensign
    • View Profile

The new sprites, the Octopus especially, look appropriately junky and really great. I purchased an Octopus to try out the new shield module. However, I can't seem to get it to deploy its shield in actual campaign battles. In simulator, the shield appears normally but when the ship burns into combat during the opening moments of a campaign battle the shield does not show up.

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Hey thanks; You know I’m pretty sure now you mention it I only properly tested the octopus in the simulator.

I’m away for a few days but will sort this out as soon as I can.

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] 'Junk Pirates' 3.11 (including ASP & P.A.C.K.) - Graphicslib Req.
« Reply #649 on: October 23, 2019, 03:45:15 PM »

JUNK PIRATES 3.39

NOT QUITE 40

MODERN THINGS
As I recall, on the Discord you state that this release "WILL BREAK SAVES". In what way?

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

If you update this mod whilst running a live save - likelihood is your save game won’t work.

The things I’ve changed (ships, variants, weapons etc.) are some of the things that your savegame vs. new mod are probably not going to like.

It’s worth waiting to start a new game before updating, basically.

Modo44

• Commander
    • View Profile

My save seems to have survived, but I use no ships from the mod in my fleet, only a few weapons.

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

OCTOPUS BROKEN

Just a quick reply to say that a warmfix is now out; uprevved to 3.3.10 (what it's not 40 yet what do you mean why would it be 40 what's 40 got to do with anything)

DOWNLOAD HERE

Would have hotfixed and avoided bringing this to anyones attention if I could, but got unexpectedly taken away last week so seems appropriate with timelag to uprev properly.

CHANGELOG:
-Added SHIP_WITH_MODULES to Octopus ship_data.csv (oops)

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] 'Junk Pirates' 3.4.0 (including ASP & P.A.C.K.)
« Reply #653 on: November 05, 2019, 02:08:20 PM »

COGMIND IS YOUR FRIEND

Download Junk Pirates 3.4.0

Pre-Tourney Balance Tweaks:
- VIE Plug Jet system added; installed on Magpie and Orcenstein
- Tweaks to Plug Jet AI
- Tangerine nerf; upped DP and altered Haymaker (less uber-strike, a little more general-purpose)
- Fixed up Micro-Scrapjet MLRS overdone damage ... (well, changed it, whether it's fixed ...)
- (nothing else weird and creepy, not really, yet)

Alfa Cor

• Ensign
  • Ya-yeet the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: December 04, 2019, 03:19:42 AM »

Would you mind putting the gifs on the OP in spoiler tags? My poor 500MB mobile data cant handle it ;_;
Sorry.

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: December 04, 2019, 06:16:17 AM »

Would you mind putting the gifs on the OP in spoiler tags? My poor 500MB mobile data cant handle it ;_;
Sorry.

Sure, sorted.

Alfa Cor

• Ensign
  • Ya-yeet the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: December 04, 2019, 07:42:47 AM »

Sorry.

Sure, sorted.
Thanks!

Captain Trek

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: December 09, 2019, 05:25:04 AM »

So I started looking into how various mods interact with Nexerelin's mining mechanic, and I think the Reaper's mining strength might be a bit over-zealous. ^^;

Figuring about 10 strength for the welders (that's 2 strength per, the same as mining pods. I really doubt these things could manage more than that) 15 for the TNTs (3 per, which is frankly generous), 30 for the drill (since it's a dedicated mining device, compared to 20 for the "proper" weapon that is the Hammer Barrage), and 16 for the capital-sized gantry (I've also suggested to Alfonzo that 16 is probably the upper bound for a capital-sized gantry, considering the Salvage Rig's destroyer-sized gantry only provides 4), that'd give us 71. Rounding that to 70, we get a somewhat more reasonable value than the current mammoth value of 160. This would work well with my suggestion of lowering the Fishkill to 16, since the Fishkill has the option to install lots more mining strength weapons and fighter wings, whereas the Reaper does not.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 05:26:56 AM by Captain Trek »

Spess Mahren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: February 06, 2020, 09:39:16 PM »

I wanted to ask about the generation details of anarchist systems, Is it like the explorium with just a specific section of the map spawning them in or could they show up anywhere? I have been just roughly eyeballing this but it seems like they spawn pretty frequently. Would disabling the PACK stop them from being generated?

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: February 07, 2020, 05:24:44 AM »

So this might not be 100%, going off memory and what I understand the code is doing, but in principle it tries to find from 3 to 10 constellations; only choosing them if they meet certain minimum criteria, mostly around habitability scores of planets and suchlike; but also hard limited by distance from core (they only spawn beyond a certain point) and with a small amount of pure chance in there.

So you could end up with only three anarchist systems; or maybe equally likely 30, depending on which constellations the generator found; didn’t randomly discard; didn’t deliberately discard because of poor system choice etc.

When I did my testing and ran some scripts to find the systems; i was generally getting 8-15, throughout. These are generally bunched in certain constellations - and I seem to recall pitching them somewhere around 33% of the frequency or remnant systems, if that makes sense.

So you’ll see them populating several systems in a particular constellation - but there is no specific code that e.g. puts the constellations in any particular proximity (other than  that inherent in the limits of the generation code)

Hope that makes sense ...

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 48