Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 48

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] 'Junk Pirates' 3.5.3 (including ASP & P.A.C.K.)  (Read 596933 times)

2_Wycked

• Commander
    • View Profile

I played with DS enabled for a bit and didnt see problems any but I dont think i actually saw any JP/PACK ships at all. Is there a specific market/system I can grab em at?
There are (at least) two systems that come with those two. I forget where they are exactly, but I thing it's up around Yma. The systems are largely JP/Pack systems.

Good lookin out homie!

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Download 2.7.1

Key Changes:
- Cleat wing weaponry changed (bye bye reapers, hello Plan-D, a re-purposed escape pod)
- Vanilla music reintroduced to playlist in campaign
- FELIX and Insult Drone tweaked to better behaviour
- FELIX drone added fighter flare launcher
- Constrictor wing sabot count reduced markedly

As usual feel free to leave feedback or let me know any issues.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 06:26:36 AM by mendonca »

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

Ahne

• Captain
    • View Profile

Great, keep it up.

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Just a minor pre-tourney check on PACK skins costs (some hadn't caught up properly after the first tournament)

DOWNLOAD

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

So this affects only the money cost of custom skins?  Save-compatible and all?

Yeah that's right.

Essentially the 'bigger' Rothund / Canebianco / Caomarelo skins were still sitting at the same credit-cost as they were prior to the debacle that was the First Tournament; which brought to the fore the unfair and uncompetitive pricing strategies at play with the P.A.C.K.

I guess it's not really much of an issue for single player play - as the credit cost of stuff isn't really that finely balanced up to a certain point; but when looking at it under the microscope of a Tournament which depends almost entirely on the credit costs - I felt it was important to align these as best as I could.

RandomnessInc

• Commander
    • View Profile

(Exited but late reply)

WOO, watch out galaxy, the ECNV Prometheus has returned! (Red version of PACK battleship, cant recall the name)
May the fry be with you.

Nikopol

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Junk Pirates mod crashes my game after few hours when saving the game. No error message in log, it just stops writing log at "Saving stage 1" and crashes. I have over 30 mods active with no issues and disabling this mod solved my problem. I played another 20 hours just to be sure.  I am using latest game and I am no beginner in modding.

Sooner535

• Commander
    • View Profile

I can confirm the above, when I played a few months ago I had the save game bug and it made me stop playing, this mod was the only mod that I didn’t take from my last mod list (plus a few more) (which was just plain luck I suppose) and no save bug

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Hey thanks for letting me know.

Are you able to provide any further information? I would love to know if this is the case for people running 3 or 4 mods.

30 or 31 mods; just seems possible that a critical memory boundary is being stepped across???

I don’t *think* there is anything complicated enough in his mod to e.g. cause a memory leak or some such - and there is certainly no significant novel scripting in place.

I’m certainly not dismissing any mistakes on my part; but there is fairly limited info for me to act on there.

Sooner535

• Commander
    • View Profile

I could give my mod list if that would help, (try to from memory anyways). I have more mods then last time though so it shouldn’t be a memory thing as far as I’m aware

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

I can tell you now that this is not a Junk Pirates bug. It's a known bug that occurs when running many combination of mods, and we don't really know why it happens. When and why seem to be wholly random.

The general advice for avoiding the issue is, when saving, to use the "Save Copy" option, as it skips the "Backing Up Save" step that the game hang occurs at.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 09:05:05 PM by AxleMC131 »

zaimoni

• Commander
    • View Profile

I can tell you now that this is not a Junk Pirates bug. It's a known bug that occurs when running many combination of mods, and we don't really know why it happens. When and why seem to be wholly random.
It acts like an automatic garbage collector hang; multi-threading deadlock don't need hours of runtime to set up a test.  The surprising thing is that it takes mods to trigger it.

Sufficient mod list to trigger: only Nexerilin and DynaSector combined.  No others required.  On the system I have SS installed on; I just have to allow the game to run continually for 4 or 5 hours and the next quicksave will fry with 100% reliability.

Nikopol

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I can tell you now that this is not a Junk Pirates bug.
Sorry to disappoint you bro, but it's happening only with this mod for me. Before I started my post here, I made sure of it. It's happening also when I reduce my mod list to 1/3. I can play with 30 mods enabled no problem, Nexerelin, Dynasector also and I save only quicksaves and have no crashes.

Mendonca, sorry for not including more details on the problem, but there is literally nothing about it in logs.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile

What are your system specs?
How much ram are you allocating?
Are you doing anything else like changing the Xstream .jar etc?
What is your mod list?

Junk Pirates is a well made mod, and if you want more help having that info is what it will take and without it no one can provide anything useful.

Nikopol

• Ensign
    • View Profile

What are your system specs?
Intel Core i5 2500K
16GB DDR3
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670
How much ram are you allocating?
-Xms4096m -Xmx4096m -Xss2048k
Are you doing anything else like changing the Xstream .jar etc?
No.
What is your mod list?
Arsenal Expansion 1.4.7
Audio Plus
Autosave
Blackrock Drive Yards
Combat Alarm Sounds
Combat Chatter
Common Radar
DIABLEAVIONICS
DisassembleReassemble_v0.10
DynaSector