Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 48

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] 'Junk Pirates' 3.5.3 (including ASP & P.A.C.K.)  (Read 596940 times)

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Neat idea.

I'm still trying to play through the new game and get a feel for where this all fits in, but something like this could work (would probably have to 'handwave' some hyperspace communications to an affiliated fleet that just happens to be 3 days away and not 30, but yeah, why not something like this).

I am also going to be a bit careful with the way it all fits together, don't want to rush out a 'compatibility' update just yet - as the enlarged sphere of civilisation and the exploration mechanics are something I've been waiting for; and tie in with all the lore of PACK / JP specifically so now seems like a good time to try and take advantage and not just drop a couple of extra systems in where it doesn't make much sense.

Having said that; would definitely look to push out a simple update once Nex hits with a proper procgen mode; due to the obvious difference between a random Nex game and 'Corvus-mode' and the lack of any sort of conflict there.

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

Wriath

• Captain
    • View Profile

Looking forward to it, take your time though, you've set yourself some pretty serious quality standards.

SierraTangoDelta

• Commander
  • Who could it be?
    • View Profile

You could say that ASP fleets pass along information back to HQ and then determine if it's worth taking the request for fuel, since the player is most likely going to be requesting fuel in some far-off places. That's just a lore-wise explanation anyway.

MCWarhammer

• Ensign
  • What time is it?
    • View Profile
    • MCWarhammer's Homepage

Thanks for the testimonials, I really needed that laugh today.
Quote from: Alex
I'm not a robot! *bzzt* *chirp*

Owl

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I miss this mod it was great fun, one of the first mods I slapped on to Star Sector

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

I miss this mod it was great fun, one of the first mods I slapped on to Star Sector

Thanks for the kind words!

Hopefully I'll get some time in the next couple of weeks to genuinely get in to the compatibility and balance updates done for 0.8.1.

Still not sure how the campaign content is going to end up - and I don't feel particularly confident in fighter balance generally, but I'll do my best to get something out that is fun.

Also; 6 year old thread. Blimey; apparently this is traditionally an 'IRON' anniversary. Feels like this has to be reflected in the update somehow ...

2_Wycked

• Commander
    • View Profile

Yo Mendonca, still planning to update this? I need that Dewgong back in my life

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Yeah, still planning to do so.

Sorry I can't give an ETA just yet, in all honesty I haven't found the time to even start real work on the update.

Will give an update when I'm closer to knowing what I'm doing.

Thanks for the interest, though, it's appreciated.

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Stumbled across some development sketches from 2013 ... thought they were pretty funny ... especially the PACK name brainstorming ...

Owl

• Ensign
    • View Profile

all part of the creative process, start with chunky and then wittle and refine  ;D

lechibang

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Hopefully this mod would be updated soon
Do it yourself, as people always say.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Hey Mendonca, any chance we'll have some space pirates/courriers/dogs update fairly soon? I'm missing them.

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Hey HELMUT, I think it might actually happen - like - fairly soon. As in, totally non-specific timeframe, but it moves.

Difficult to commit or even estimate, but the summer has gone away and I've just recently had a few chances to actively work on it again, - and assuming I manage to get everything in order prior to getting completely sidetracked by other things that happen 'out there' - I think we should get there in a reasonable timeframe.

A Random Jolteon

• Commander
    • View Profile

Hey HELMUT, I think it might actually happen - like - fairly soon. As in, totally non-specific timeframe, but it moves.

Difficult to commit or even estimate, but the summer has gone away and I've just recently had a few chances to actively work on it again, - and assuming I manage to get everything in order prior to getting completely sidetracked by other things that happen 'out there' - I think we should get there in a reasonable timeframe.
People would prob be content to just have it working, rather than having new stuff.
Hi. I exist. Bye.

Vigal

• Ensign
    • View Profile

People would prob be content to just have it working, rather than having new stuff.
[/quote]

I agree with this compatibility is always preferred to new stuff because then people have the mod so there isn't any pressure to finish off new stuff to release the update.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 48