Fractal Softworks Forum
December 18, 2018, 08:42:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Starsector 0.9a is out! (11/16/18)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 41
  Print  
Author Topic: [0.9.0a] 'Junk Pirates' 3.01 (including ASP & P.A.C.K.) - Graphicslib Req.  (Read 296649 times)
mendonca
Global Moderator
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: May 02, 2017, 02:05:57 PM »

Neat idea.

I'm still trying to play through the new game and get a feel for where this all fits in, but something like this could work (would probably have to 'handwave' some hyperspace communications to an affiliated fleet that just happens to be 3 days away and not 30, but yeah, why not something like this).

I am also going to be a bit careful with the way it all fits together, don't want to rush out a 'compatibility' update just yet - as the enlarged sphere of civilisation and the exploration mechanics are something I've been waiting for; and tie in with all the lore of PACK / JP specifically so now seems like a good time to try and take advantage and not just drop a couple of extra systems in where it doesn't make much sense.

Having said that; would definitely look to push out a simple update once Nex hits with a proper procgen mode; due to the obvious difference between a random Nex game and 'Corvus-mode' and the lack of any sort of conflict there.

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"
Wriath
Captain

View Profile Email
« Reply #526 on: May 02, 2017, 02:15:56 PM »

Looking forward to it, take your time though, you've set yourself some pretty serious quality standards.

SierraTangoDelta
Commander

Who could it be?

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 03, 2017, 12:41:55 PM »

You could say that ASP fleets pass along information back to HQ and then determine if it's worth taking the request for fuel, since the player is most likely going to be requesting fuel in some far-off places. That's just a lore-wise explanation anyway.
MCWarhammer
Ensign

What time is it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #528 on: May 18, 2017, 10:26:33 AM »

Thanks for the testimonials, I really needed that laugh today.

Quote from: Alex
I'm not a robot! *bzzt* *chirp*
Owl
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 10, 2017, 07:26:24 PM »

I miss this mod it was great fun, one of the first mods I slapped on to Star Sector
mendonca
Global Moderator
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 11, 2017, 12:46:59 PM »

I miss this mod it was great fun, one of the first mods I slapped on to Star Sector

Thanks for the kind words!

Hopefully I'll get some time in the next couple of weeks to genuinely get in to the compatibility and balance updates done for 0.8.1.

Still not sure how the campaign content is going to end up - and I don't feel particularly confident in fighter balance generally, but I'll do my best to get something out that is fun.

Also; 6 year old thread. Blimey; apparently this is traditionally an 'IRON' anniversary. Feels like this has to be reflected in the update somehow ...

2_Wycked
Lieutenant

View Profile Email
« Reply #531 on: June 28, 2017, 02:21:46 PM »

Yo Mendonca, still planning to update this? I need that Dewgong back in my life
mendonca
Global Moderator
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 29, 2017, 01:18:54 AM »

Yeah, still planning to do so.

Sorry I can't give an ETA just yet, in all honesty I haven't found the time to even start real work on the update.

Will give an update when I'm closer to knowing what I'm doing.

Thanks for the interest, though, it's appreciated.

mendonca
Global Moderator
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 05, 2017, 05:02:52 AM »

Stumbled across some development sketches from 2013 ... thought they were pretty funny ... especially the PACK name brainstorming ...

Owl
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 26, 2017, 07:39:53 PM »

all part of the creative process, start with chunky and then wittle and refine  Grin
lechibang
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #535 on: September 02, 2017, 09:49:33 AM »

Hopefully this mod would be updated soon

Do it yourself, as people always say.
HELMUT
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 03, 2017, 10:18:41 AM »

Hey Mendonca, any chance we'll have some space pirates/courriers/dogs update fairly soon? I'm missing them.

mendonca
Global Moderator
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 04, 2017, 02:14:18 PM »

Hey HELMUT, I think it might actually happen - like - fairly soon. As in, totally non-specific timeframe, but it moves.

Difficult to commit or even estimate, but the summer has gone away and I've just recently had a few chances to actively work on it again, - and assuming I manage to get everything in order prior to getting completely sidetracked by other things that happen 'out there' - I think we should get there in a reasonable timeframe.

A Random Jolteon
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: November 04, 2017, 09:58:53 PM »

Hey HELMUT, I think it might actually happen - like - fairly soon. As in, totally non-specific timeframe, but it moves.

Difficult to commit or even estimate, but the summer has gone away and I've just recently had a few chances to actively work on it again, - and assuming I manage to get everything in order prior to getting completely sidetracked by other things that happen 'out there' - I think we should get there in a reasonable timeframe.
People would prob be content to just have it working, rather than having new stuff.

Hi. I exist. Bye.
Vigal
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: November 05, 2017, 03:20:44 PM »

People would prob be content to just have it working, rather than having new stuff.
[/quote]

I agree with this compatibility is always preferred to new stuff because then people have the mod so there isn't any pressure to finish off new stuff to release the update.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 41
  Print  

Jump to: