Fractal Softworks Forum
December 13, 2017, 09:59:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New blog post: Population Growth (11/19/17); Starsector 0.8.1a is out!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 39
  Print  
Author Topic: [0.8.1a] 'Junk Pirates' 2.7.2 (including ASP & P.A.C.K.) - Graphicslib Required  (Read 233925 times)
mendonca
Global Moderator
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: March 06, 2016, 02:07:54 PM »

i like the junkies, not to play but to kill Smiley death the pirates!

good update mendonca!

Ha ha! Poor guys Smiley

Thanks dude.

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"
Starasp
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 11, 2016, 09:10:19 PM »

You know, I kind of just realized how much the Schnauzer looks like the new Centurion frigate in vanilla.
Metadane
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #527 on: October 06, 2016, 10:41:43 AM »

I have no idea what I'm doing but when I use this mod I get a ''Fatal: Index 1, Size: 1.'' error. I'm using the exact same mods that I used for version 0.7.1a (and it worked then) so I don't know what the conflicting mod is if any.
mendonca
Global Moderator
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: October 11, 2016, 01:46:08 AM »

I have no idea what I'm doing but when I use this mod I get a ''Fatal: Index 1, Size: 1.'' error. I'm using the exact same mods that I used for version 0.7.1a (and it worked then) so I don't know what the conflicting mod is if any.

Hey dude, sorry for the late reply - not sure how
I missed this - would you mind listing your mods used?

I'd love to fix this if it's at my end but I can't recreate the issue here.

mendonca
Global Moderator
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: March 19, 2017, 11:47:42 AM »

Pushing out a new version because I've been messing about with it for so long - got it to a reasonable point - but now I want to go and play with Exigency.

Approximate changelist:

- Rebalanced following recent tournament. Current focus has been to shift credit-cost in line to normalise fleets. Heavy impact to the PACK fleet; not so much to the rest.
- Added custom sounds to all non-missile weapons.
- More work on the systems in an attempt to make Breh'inni, Canis, Ursulo more interesting places to be.
- Added number of new illustrations and portraits (still need to put some work in on these).
- Nerfed The Grapes (a bit weaker but approximately as powerful on a shot-for-shot basis, but fire far less often).

Probably some other stuff. I forgot to count.

Version checker might be broke for a short while; as dropbox took away the functionality of the Public Drive and I'll have to decide how I want to replace that in the long term.

Appreciate any feedback! Especially if things are broke! The Dropbox thing has been a little disruptive with the OP, as well, but I'll need to try and find time soon to sort it out.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/odgyf8ewtgz7k0x/JP_RC_260.zip?dl=0

Mysterhay
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #530 on: March 19, 2017, 01:12:48 PM »

Shocked My grapes! What have you done with my beautiful grapes?!...

Tbf that needed to happen, their value for 3OP in long battles was just insane. Thanks for the update!
Mysterhay
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #531 on: March 19, 2017, 01:15:34 PM »

PS

I guess all grape things must come to an end.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 01:19:24 PM by Mysterhay » Logged
borgrel
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 29, 2017, 11:26:51 AM »

When this is updated to 0.8:

The ASP are a courier service right?

Mind adding dialogue with station commanders so u can hire ASP to bring u information (update ur comms) -or- bring u supplies -or- bring u fuel while ur out in the boondocks?
Maybe add an ASP 'AAA' service? if the player pays ASP: change the distress call icon and dispatch an ASP tanker when the distress call is clicked?
Wriath
Captain

View Profile Email
« Reply #533 on: April 30, 2017, 07:08:52 PM »

Maybe add an ASP 'AAA' service? if the player pays ASP: change the distress call icon and dispatch an ASP tanker when the distress call is clicked?

That's a kinda cool idea.

JT
Commander

View Profile Email
« Reply #534 on: May 01, 2017, 09:16:12 AM »

That's a kinda cool idea.

I'd suggest a new ability rather than disabling the existing one, though, since making distress calls sometimes has nothing to do with calling someone for assistance.  Making distress calls can also be used to lure pirates and/or to lure prey, after all.  Calling A.S.P. Autofactory Association is less likely to be used for other than its intended purpose.
mendonca
Global Moderator
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 02, 2017, 02:05:57 PM »

Neat idea.

I'm still trying to play through the new game and get a feel for where this all fits in, but something like this could work (would probably have to 'handwave' some hyperspace communications to an affiliated fleet that just happens to be 3 days away and not 30, but yeah, why not something like this).

I am also going to be a bit careful with the way it all fits together, don't want to rush out a 'compatibility' update just yet - as the enlarged sphere of civilisation and the exploration mechanics are something I've been waiting for; and tie in with all the lore of PACK / JP specifically so now seems like a good time to try and take advantage and not just drop a couple of extra systems in where it doesn't make much sense.

Having said that; would definitely look to push out a simple update once Nex hits with a proper procgen mode; due to the obvious difference between a random Nex game and 'Corvus-mode' and the lack of any sort of conflict there.

Wriath
Captain

View Profile Email
« Reply #536 on: May 02, 2017, 02:15:56 PM »

Looking forward to it, take your time though, you've set yourself some pretty serious quality standards.

SierraTangoDelta
Commander

Who could it be?

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 03, 2017, 12:41:55 PM »

You could say that ASP fleets pass along information back to HQ and then determine if it's worth taking the request for fuel, since the player is most likely going to be requesting fuel in some far-off places. That's just a lore-wise explanation anyway.
MCWarhammer
Ensign

What time is it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #538 on: May 18, 2017, 10:26:33 AM »

Thanks for the testimonials, I really needed that laugh today.

Quote from: Alex
I'm not a robot! *bzzt* *chirp*
Owl
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 10, 2017, 07:26:24 PM »

I miss this mod it was great fun, one of the first mods I slapped on to Star Sector
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 39
  Print  

Jump to: