Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 48

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] 'Junk Pirates' 3.5.3 (including ASP & P.A.C.K.)  (Read 596967 times)

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Download New Version

NEW ASP-sponsored skins for:
- Hammerhead
- Vigilance
- Cerberus
- Mercury
All have shielded cargo holds (if not already), and a minor buff to stats.

PACK:
- Bulldog Added. Capital ship. Entropy Amplifier, lacks a missile mount. Excellent all round coverage from energy weapons.
- Canebianco Shar-Pei (Phase Destroyer)
- Wirefox (SH) - Smooth Haired shuttle. Lightweight and cheap freighter / shuttle. Perhaps a step up from Hermes in combat aptitude.

SPRITES:
- The Reaper sprite updated.

BALANCE:
- Ridgeback X and Ridgeback - system migrated to 'Damper Field'.
- Clam-class given a damper field (in lieu of missleracks) in conjunction with Flux Shunts in the interim, subject to further development.
- Nudged boxer/stein armor values down.
- Tweaked fighter resilience (Armor/HP) for the JP fleet generally to bring them more in line with vanilla.
- Spike flux stats improved.
- Welding Drone flux stats improved in order to allow it to actually fire it's weapon.
- Welding drone now regenerates from the TNT drone - The Reaper drone cloud can now persist over a longer engagement, without TNT drones having to be killed.
- Orca has been made a touch quicker.

Think that's the main stuff, although I may have tweaked other stuff.

Let me know if there are any issues!

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Might want to add a small breakdown of what kinds of boosts the Asp skins get in the hullmod. Also would be nice if they had (Asp Syndicate) or other declaration with them, to better them differentiate from their vanilla counterparts.

Besides that, the update is looking good.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia

What's with all the unused bullseye skins?

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Might want to add a small breakdown of what kinds of boosts the Asp skins get in the hullmod. Also would be nice if they had (Asp Syndicate) or other declaration with them, to better them differentiate from their vanilla counterparts.

Besides that, the update is looking good.

Yeah, makes sense, will sort that out.

What's with all the unused bullseye skins?

Honest answer is that I'm not gonna have much time over the next few weeks, so deciding what to do with them (and properly finishing them off) didn't get resolved before I got this release out.
Options in my head:
- IBB Fleet
- Rare PACK ships accessed by THI style machine shop on a remote station somewhere.

I don't want to be presumptuous about suitability for IBB or the imposition on SS+ to incorporate, but there it is - they are yours if you want them.

Ahne

• Captain
    • View Profile

i like the junkies, not to play but to kill :) death the pirates!

good update mendonca!

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

i like the junkies, not to play but to kill :) death the pirates!

good update mendonca!

Ha ha! Poor guys :)

Thanks dude.

Starasp

• Ensign
    • View Profile

You know, I kind of just realized how much the Schnauzer looks like the new Centurion frigate in vanilla.

Metadane

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I have no idea what I'm doing but when I use this mod I get a ''Fatal: Index 1, Size: 1.'' error. I'm using the exact same mods that I used for version 0.7.1a (and it worked then) so I don't know what the conflicting mod is if any.

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

I have no idea what I'm doing but when I use this mod I get a ''Fatal: Index 1, Size: 1.'' error. I'm using the exact same mods that I used for version 0.7.1a (and it worked then) so I don't know what the conflicting mod is if any.

Hey dude, sorry for the late reply - not sure how
I missed this - would you mind listing your mods used?

I'd love to fix this if it's at my end but I can't recreate the issue here.

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Pushing out a new version because I've been messing about with it for so long - got it to a reasonable point - but now I want to go and play with Exigency.

Approximate changelist:

- Rebalanced following recent tournament. Current focus has been to shift credit-cost in line to normalise fleets. Heavy impact to the PACK fleet; not so much to the rest.
- Added custom sounds to all non-missile weapons.
- More work on the systems in an attempt to make Breh'inni, Canis, Ursulo more interesting places to be.
- Added number of new illustrations and portraits (still need to put some work in on these).
- Nerfed The Grapes (a bit weaker but approximately as powerful on a shot-for-shot basis, but fire far less often).

Probably some other stuff. I forgot to count.

Version checker might be broke for a short while; as dropbox took away the functionality of the Public Drive and I'll have to decide how I want to replace that in the long term.

Appreciate any feedback! Especially if things are broke! The Dropbox thing has been a little disruptive with the OP, as well, but I'll need to try and find time soon to sort it out.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/odgyf8ewtgz7k0x/JP_RC_260.zip?dl=0

Mysterhay

• Ensign
    • View Profile

:o My grapes! What have you done with my beautiful grapes?!...

Tbf that needed to happen, their value for 3OP in long battles was just insane. Thanks for the update!

Mysterhay

• Ensign
    • View Profile

PS

I guess all grape things must come to an end.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 01:19:24 PM by Mysterhay »

borgrel

• Captain
    • View Profile

When this is updated to 0.8:

The ASP are a courier service right?

Mind adding dialogue with station commanders so u can hire ASP to bring u information (update ur comms) -or- bring u supplies -or- bring u fuel while ur out in the boondocks?
Maybe add an ASP 'AAA' service? if the player pays ASP: change the distress call icon and dispatch an ASP tanker when the distress call is clicked?

Wriath

• Captain
    • View Profile

Maybe add an ASP 'AAA' service? if the player pays ASP: change the distress call icon and dispatch an ASP tanker when the distress call is clicked?

That's a kinda cool idea.

JT

• Commander
    • View Profile

That's a kinda cool idea.

I'd suggest a new ability rather than disabling the existing one, though, since making distress calls sometimes has nothing to do with calling someone for assistance.  Making distress calls can also be used to lure pirates and/or to lure prey, after all.  Calling A.S.P. Autofactory Association is less likely to be used for other than its intended purpose.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 48