Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46]

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] 'Junk Pirates' 3.4.0 (including ASP & P.A.C.K.)  (Read 479688 times)

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] 'Junk Pirates' 3.4.0 (including ASP & P.A.C.K.)
« Reply #675 on: November 19, 2020, 12:13:17 PM »

Thank you for the kind words :)

Will hopefully be getting some of the rough edges of the sector gen smoothed out just a little, sort of soon ish.

Also, just if it wasn't clear, the Scrapjet is entirely the work of Vayra, and yeah I think they are great too!

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

Deageon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: November 20, 2020, 03:42:38 PM »

yeah, the rough edges getting ironed out would be nice, kinda wish i could get more junk pirates type ships out there on the rim from the pre-anarchs but alas, they're pack type boys

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 28, 2020, 07:49:52 AM »

Just about done with this update, I think, picking up from last time - not feeling too bad if I only get it out a few days after the last one*

What I've got so far, difficult to entirely remember but:

- Fixed procgen elements, as far as I can tell. Now populating / occupying in some way around 15 systems typically in around 6 constellations (for reference typically 220-260 systems in any Normal worldgen) seems to be coming out that they are touching 5%-8% of worlds. Should stop doing the stupid things it used to do around overlapping core worlds etc. Should be much less prevalent.
- Lower tier Pre-PACK Anarchists act neutrally towards player. Around 50%-60% of Anarchist procgen systems seem to be run by these guys.
- Tweaked loot drops. Not sure exactly what, but generally shifted things from where they were as and when I thought about it to try and make it a little better in Pre-PACK anarchist research stations etc.
- Added HVBs as compatible with Vayra's Sector. Brother and sister with Blue Tangerines.
- Added support for Commissioned Crews.
- Added 'Boss Fight' out in the wilds. Some strange things kicking around in orbit around Cryovolcanic worlds. Soft cap of 3; normally 2-3 per worldgen. Seems like a tough fight without bringing a capital or two. Can get a decent haul of cores. Gens in non-tagged or JP systems, should steer clear of any other procgen mods systems with tags. Hit me up if you want me to include any tags from your mod.
- New illustration for above.
- I'm sorry to say I have actually nerfed the Mastiff and the Langoustine, in the most unimaginative way possible (i.e. I raised their DP), but also did tweak the stats. Also pretty sure I made the Constrictor worse. Hopefully I didn't do all those things multiple times.

Going to ponder, tweak and test for a bit longer, but thinking will release based on the above relatively soon, to get a solid grounding for a few more releases / additions over the next few months.

*The entirety of 2020, of course, doesn't count

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46]