Fractal Softworks Forum
September 26, 2018, 06:43:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New blog post: Salvaging Mechanics Update (09/06/18); In-dev patch notes for Starsector 0.9a (06/01/18);Starsector 0.8.1a is out!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 40
  Print  
Author Topic: [0.8.1a] 'Junk Pirates' 2.7.2 (including ASP & P.A.C.K.) - Graphicslib Required  (Read 277101 times)
mendonca
Global Moderator
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: June 11, 2017, 12:46:59 PM »

I miss this mod it was great fun, one of the first mods I slapped on to Star Sector

Thanks for the kind words!

Hopefully I'll get some time in the next couple of weeks to genuinely get in to the compatibility and balance updates done for 0.8.1.

Still not sure how the campaign content is going to end up - and I don't feel particularly confident in fighter balance generally, but I'll do my best to get something out that is fun.

Also; 6 year old thread. Blimey; apparently this is traditionally an 'IRON' anniversary. Feels like this has to be reflected in the update somehow ...

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"
2_Wycked
Lieutenant

View Profile Email
« Reply #541 on: June 28, 2017, 02:21:46 PM »

Yo Mendonca, still planning to update this? I need that Dewgong back in my life
mendonca
Global Moderator
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 29, 2017, 01:18:54 AM »

Yeah, still planning to do so.

Sorry I can't give an ETA just yet, in all honesty I haven't found the time to even start real work on the update.

Will give an update when I'm closer to knowing what I'm doing.

Thanks for the interest, though, it's appreciated.

Network Pesci
Captain

Amusing You

View Profile Email
« Reply #543 on: June 29, 2017, 10:04:13 AM »

Seconding that interest.  Several mod factions make the early and midgame BRUTALLY difficult thanks to pirates including the modships in their fleets.  (BRDY, Templars, etc).  I have got an idea that this faction won't do that, just provide a pleasing amount of variety.
mendonca
Global Moderator
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 05, 2017, 05:02:52 AM »

Stumbled across some development sketches from 2013 ... thought they were pretty funny ... especially the PACK name brainstorming ...

Owl
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 26, 2017, 07:39:53 PM »

all part of the creative process, start with chunky and then wittle and refine  Grin
lechibang
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #546 on: September 02, 2017, 09:49:33 AM »

Hopefully this mod would be updated soon

Do it yourself, as people always say.
HELMUT
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 03, 2017, 10:18:41 AM »

Hey Mendonca, any chance we'll have some space pirates/courriers/dogs update fairly soon? I'm missing them.

mendonca
Global Moderator
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: November 04, 2017, 02:14:18 PM »

Hey HELMUT, I think it might actually happen - like - fairly soon. As in, totally non-specific timeframe, but it moves.

Difficult to commit or even estimate, but the summer has gone away and I've just recently had a few chances to actively work on it again, - and assuming I manage to get everything in order prior to getting completely sidetracked by other things that happen 'out there' - I think we should get there in a reasonable timeframe.

A Random Jolteon
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 04, 2017, 09:58:53 PM »

Hey HELMUT, I think it might actually happen - like - fairly soon. As in, totally non-specific timeframe, but it moves.

Difficult to commit or even estimate, but the summer has gone away and I've just recently had a few chances to actively work on it again, - and assuming I manage to get everything in order prior to getting completely sidetracked by other things that happen 'out there' - I think we should get there in a reasonable timeframe.
People would prob be content to just have it working, rather than having new stuff.
Vigal
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: November 05, 2017, 03:20:44 PM »

People would prob be content to just have it working, rather than having new stuff.
[/quote]

I agree with this compatibility is always preferred to new stuff because then people have the mod so there isn't any pressure to finish off new stuff to release the update.
mendonca
Global Moderator
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: November 06, 2017, 12:48:42 AM »

I agree with this compatibility is always preferred to new stuff because then people have the mod so there isn't any pressure to finish off new stuff to release the update.

Thanks guys, yeah that's generally where I'm working towards. It doesn't run yet, but most of the pieces should be in place now to just work through a load of errors when trying to load the game - also new content is in some respects unavoidable what with the drone / fighter changes etc. and this will necessarily need a bit of playtesting / checking prior to pushing it out so it's not completely unplayable at day zero.

Ahne
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 06, 2017, 06:56:17 AM »

Nice to hear about progress, will be fun again to shoot some junk rats out of the system Smiley

AxleMC131
Admiral

Amateur World-Builder

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: November 06, 2017, 08:44:15 PM »

I always did like the look of Junk Pirates.  Smiley Did you know they were the first Starsector mod I was ever shown, way back when I first encountered the game in like 2011? And yet I've never played with them myself, even though I adore the concepts for some of the ships. Definitely staying posted!

"I ain't one to punch first, but if the mil' wants a piece of me tonight, then they're sure as hell gonna regret it in the morning!"
- Johnson "Johnny" Parker
2_Wycked
Lieutenant

View Profile Email
« Reply #554 on: November 09, 2017, 02:03:53 PM »

Great news, Junk Pirates are lit!
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 40
  Print  

Jump to: