Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Game Crashing  (Read 4836 times)

Georg Thanos

• Ensign
  • I am inevitable
    • View Profile
Game Crashing
« on: August 15, 2019, 11:37:14 AM »

So every time i try to boot up starsector i keep getting "fatal: failed to find script of class [exerelin.plugins.NexCoreLifecyclePlugin]"
i tried reinstalling, reinstalling certain mods i thought were related to the problem, but nothing is working...

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: Game Crashing
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 04:41:47 AM »

Do you have all the required library mods installed?
(I think not having LazyLib in particular can cause this)

Prometheus12

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 08:44:46 AM »

my game works normally but when x(10-20) amount time pases the game crashes without warning, like nothing happened, probably  a mistake from my part, but what could it be? (i m in the tutorial)

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019, 01:10:07 AM »

my game works normally but when x(10-20) amount time pases the game crashes without warning, like nothing happened, probably  a mistake from my part, but what could it be? (i m in the tutorial)
Can you send the log of the error?
You will found it on Starsector folder/starsector-core/starsector.txt , copy paste the error (to twenty lines below)
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

Prometheus12

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2019, 08:51:51 AM »

i can't find the error, can you tell me exactly where it is, there are thousands of code here, the first twenty, or needs to be for example: "0 to 1193", or maybe i can send the full file.

thanks for trying to help me
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 11:49:12 AM by Prometheus12 »

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2019, 12:28:44 PM »

i can't find the error, can you tell me exactly where it is, there are thousands of code here, the first twenty, or needs to be for example: "0 to 1193", or maybe i can send the full file.

thanks for trying to help me

Just send the full file, maybe this will the best.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Prometheus12

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2019, 02:24:31 PM »

this is the mega with the txt:
https://mega.nz/#!ask2CCiR!aeLG5zjYlPbEyiFzo0VV3xvs8VpD1tW3OSPnPcUAfZE

And this is the video to prove that i m not wasting your time, i tried with fraps but it didn't work so i use my phone camera so sorry about the quality of it:

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2019, 11:02:01 PM »

You have played, got the crash then send me this log without replay? For be sure.

378421 [Thread-15] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Saving progress: 0.9997239
378434 [Thread-15] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Saving progress: 1.0
378434 [Thread-15] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Releasing context
378434 [Thread-15] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Released context
378434 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Saving stage 11
378434 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Saving stage 12
378435 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Saving stage 13
378435 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Saving stage 14
378435 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Saving stage 15
378435 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Saving stage 16
378435 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Finished saving
378435 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 9 (exception)
378435 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 10 (exception)
378436 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 11 (exception)
378436 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 12 (exception)
378436 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 13 (exception)
378436 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 14 (exception)
378436 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 15 (exception)
378436 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 16 (exception)

On this case, i have just that and i do not see any error of NexCoreLifecyclePlugin.
But just a crash while save.
After, i cannot help you, we will need someone else, i think, this is not a error than i can help. Maybe send the modlist than you have?

Gladiator Society

Prometheus12

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2019, 07:04:22 AM »

I appreciate the help, but i think i implied that this crash is something that is constant, when i instaled the game until now probability more than 60 crash betwen (10-20) minutes. I really want to play the game but 3 or 4 day, with the game crashing and waiting to restard and play the same content, i couldn´t handel it.

i new so i don´t much can you tell where i can find this "modlist"?

thanks again for your time and help in my situation

(i instaled the game and unistall 4 times)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 07:06:23 AM by Prometheus12 »

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2019, 08:16:41 AM »

I appreciate the help, but i think i implied that this crash is something that is constant, when i instaled the game until now probability more than 60 crash betwen (10-20) minutes. I really want to play the game but 3 or 4 day, with the game crashing and waiting to restard and play the same content, i couldn´t handel it.

i new so i don´t much can you tell where i can find this "modlist"?

thanks again for your time and help in my situation

(i instaled the game and unistall 4 times)
Oh, oups, you do not use mods? Well, maybe your computer is wrong somewhere, but only Alex can help you, here.

Gladiator Society

Prometheus12

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2019, 02:14:09 AM »

Oh cool, where can i contact "alex"?

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2019, 07:41:54 AM »

Oh cool, where can i contact "alex"?

This is the developper of the game, you can found him everywhere on the Bug Report & Support section. Send him a PM and the link of this thread, and wait? I suppose this is the thing to do.

Gladiator Society

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2019, 08:36:28 AM »

I'm not actually seeing the "NexCoreLifecyclePlugin" error pop up in the video, either, it just crashes with no message.

Is there an hs_err_pid<number>.log somewhere either in your Starsector/ or Starsector/starsector-core folders? For this type of crash that's more likely.

Also, in this case, it looks like it crashed immediately on trying to save. If so, this thread may be worth a look:
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16974.0

In particular, I'd suggest opening up data/config/settings.json and setting "processMessagesWhileSavingOrLoading" to false to see if that helps. Making sure your graphics drivers are up to date is also probably a good idea.

Prometheus12

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2019, 11:23:19 AM »

ok, 2 things.
number 1- i tried the "processMessagesWhileSavingOrLoading", frist time pass the 20 minutes mark, and only time.
And my games crashes ever time no mater what i'm doing (that is even if i just let the game run) will crash, but i tried the things in "http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum"/index.php?topic=16974.0", no results.
number 2- Thanks for the help but i seriously thinking that maybe this game doesn´t work on my pc
And if needed i can post a video again of a game without saving, to prove what i m saying.

thanks for your time and help

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2019, 12:35:04 PM »

Yeah, if it also crashes not while you're saving, then processMessagesWhileSavingOrLoading wouldn't resolve it.

Can you try turning off GraphicsLib using its .ini file? That might actually resolve the issue, now that I think about it. Just a bit thrown off by the "NexCoreLifecyclePlugin" error which we haven't really seen any log of at this point.

Per my earlier response - do you happen to see any hs_err_pid files? They'd have crash logs if it's a certain type of crash that doesn't result in an error message/stack trace being output to the standard logfile.
Pages: [1] 2