Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Max Possible Burn  (Read 3203 times)

maoid

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Max Possible Burn
« on: August 15, 2019, 08:58:08 AM »

What's the fastest you can possibly get your fleet to go? Currently I've got a cargo fleet with a normal base burn of 8. With skills, hull mods, and sustained burn, I've got it up to 20. By bouncing off storms, I'm able to hit about 30. Is it possible to go any faster?

pedro1_1

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Max Possible Burn
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 09:27:47 AM »

you can go to burn idk if you chane some things in the game code(which would thecnicaly be moding the game), but vanilla only burn 20, anything above that only hiting storms.

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Max Possible Burn
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 09:37:27 AM »

What's the fastest you can possibly get your fleet to go? Currently I've got a cargo fleet with a normal base burn of 8. With skills, hull mods, and sustained burn, I've got it up to 20. By bouncing off storms, I'm able to hit about 30. Is it possible to go any faster?
you can go to burn idk if you chane some things in the game code(which would thecnicaly be moding the game), but vanilla only burn 20, anything above that only hiting storms.
To be specific, burn 20 is a hardcoded maximum (with 30 being possible via storms)... but, through tinkering with starsector-core/data/settings.json, you can re-define the global burn values (i.e., up to light-years per burn factor, if you really wanted to).