Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: [0.95a] Vayra's Ship Pack 1.2.3 - less ruined ruin 2021-03-26  (Read 425643 times)

gremlin

• Ensign
    • View Profile

It broke my heart when a random pirate fleet bounty started talking about freedom, especially when I didn't have the chance to recruit or surrender to them.

I'm a monster.

peppermeth

• Ensign
    • View Profile

quick fix for the pathfinder building issue. change the extension to .json, plop into Vayra's Ship Pack\data\world\factions, and now you can build pathfinders

[attachment deleted by admin]

What am i precisely suppose to write in the code??? Cause i tried something following your advice and it didn't work.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I need to blame someone for this who isn't me.
Spoiler
[close]

This is disgusting trash, and I can't stop ruining stuff with it.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile

When being produced by industry, the Pathfinder never completes and just consumes money forever.

The cause is the ship type "vayra_pathfinder" not being defined in default_ship_roles.json.
Adding the following to roles allowed construction to complete:
"vayra_pathfinder_artillery":5,
"vayra_pathfinder_beam":5,

« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 12:56:28 PM by Serenitis »

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile

Just found out that the Pathfinder also lacks an entry in the mining_ships.csv, despite the description saying it's a mining ship.

Justinx931

• Ensign
    • View Profile

i've attempted the warlord bounty several times now, but it has so far not been able to yield the unique ship, which happened with the ghost ship bounty and gal paladin bounty without any of the ships.

i checked the bounty csv's and these are always recoverable so im not sure whats going on, i did get  a heretic ship from a ai fleet so it's not always, but i redid the warlord battle like 8 times and still didn't get it in the batch of ships able to be recovered same with the bloodhounds with so many bloodhounds to be recovered but none showed up.

i speculate it might have to do with removing vayra's negative hullmods by removing the "damage" in the hullmods file which would make the game not pick them.(as instructed by mora in the vayras sector thread) that's the only thing i changed.

too far in this campaign so eh, but still a loss of possibly good/collectible ships.

apparently well explored bug in the vayras sector thread, so removed.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 12:36:24 AM by Justinx931 »

Julio Montega

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I really like the ship pack!
My favourite ship by far is the "Hail" Combat Pinnace, especially in the up-'ratted Hail (P) version.
Do you plan on adding on some more ships in the future?
I'd look forward to larger ships sporting that beautiful hull and the take on combat the Hail brings with to the field.

latua95

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hello?can i reprint your mod?

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile

i've attempted the warlord bounty several times now, but it has so far not been able to yield the unique ship, which happened with the ghost ship bounty and gal paladin bounty without any of the ships.

i checked the bounty csv's and these are always recoverable so im not sure whats going on, i did get  a heretic ship from a ai fleet so it's not always, but i redid the warlord battle like 8 times and still didn't get it in the batch of ships able to be recovered same with the bloodhounds with so many bloodhounds to be recovered but none showed up.

i speculate it might have to do with removing vayra's negative hullmods by removing the "damage" in the hullmods file which would make the game not pick them.(as instructed by mora in the vayras sector thread) that's the only thing i changed.

too far in this campaign so eh, but still a loss of possibly good/collectible ships.

apparently well explored bug in the vayras sector thread, so removed.
But you didn't actually remove it, you just put a line through it...

Neitronus

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hello again, can I ask you to migrate your version file from bitbucket, because Atlassian messed with it being reacheble with recent update.

peppermeth

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I'm not sure if this is the right mod.
But if is it, is it a bug or a omission that the precision mortar is not in the deep space mining blueprint package?   

IceFire

• Lieutenant
  • If you find typos, keep them.
    • View Profile

Designed in the late Mastery era with lessons learned from the Onslaught, the Subjugator packs moderate weapons capacity into a hull capable of short-term bursts of forward speed. Also found, thankfully infrequently, in the "crusade" fleets of the Luddic Path.

Tyrant-class Fast Battleship - A terrifyingly fast capital, which never reached quite the same popularity as the heavier Onslaught and Legion-class staples of the early Domain Armada thanks to its somewhat lighter armament and fighter complement. Nonetheless, there are not many ships that captains across the sector would less like to see rushing toward them on the back of an all-engines micro burn. Rumors that some of these vessels have fallen into the hands of the extremist Luddic Path are surely exaggerated - or so one would hope.[/spoiler]
Isnt a fast lightly armored battleship just a battlecruiser and a fast lightly armored cruiser a light cruiser? Or is this how You imagin that the domain named its classes. If so that would be a nice oppertunity for some worldbulding.
But that are just my thought on Your modpack.

Edit: after closer inspection of this mod maybe You named it like that on purpose. ;)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 01:30:15 PM by IceFire »

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Vayra's Ship Pack 1.2 - vera` s boat bag 2021-02-11
« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2021, 12:22:44 AM »

hey i made a cool spaceship do you want to see it

Changelog:
Spoiler
- added Bear-class heavy platform (mining tech)
- added Pioneer-class salvage cruiser (mining tech)
- added Clairvoyant-class combat carrier (high tech)
- added Exemplar-class heavy destroyer (high tech)
- added Seer-class support carrier (high tech)
- lowered Short-Circuit Driver OP cost to 10 (was 11)
- fixed Typhon glow still appearing after death
- Replaced Pathfinder's built-in Guardian PD with LR Mining Lance Array - more flux-efficient and longer range, otherwise identical except for aesthetics
- set all .variant files to goalVariant: true, without looking at them
- added maximumFleetFP to all HVBs
- fixed .version file hosting (moved to github)
[close]
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile

A lot of these comments are about things that have been fixed, but lemme address the ones that aren't:

I suggest to tag some utility ships such as Badger class and Rock Hound class as CIVILIAN, since it is somewhat annoying to accidentally send them to the battlefield the All button.
Ah, but the whole point of the Badger in particular and the yellow ships above frigate-class in general is that they serve as very effective combat ships in the earlygame.

I use both your Kadur and your Sector mods, so i have to say it how it is... the cruisers and the capital in this pack are not as good-looking and visually interesting as the other ships. I mean, look at the Badger. What a sweet ship. That "oppressor" though? Yeesh. You may chalk it down to "individual taste", but i've seen the sprites you CAN make, and these are just not up to par. I'll spare you and myself the analysis of why that is so because we both have billions of years of evolution on our backs and even the same ancestors if we go back far enough, so there is no way your heart doesn't know that i speak the truth.
For now, i'm extirpating them from my game.
I'd actually appreciate the analysis, especially if it's detailed! I am very much not an artist and specific feedback is always useful.

I really like the ship pack!
My favourite ship by far is the "Hail" Combat Pinnace, especially in the up-'ratted Hail (P) version.
Do you plan on adding on some more ships in the future?
I'd look forward to larger ships sporting that beautiful hull and the take on combat the Hail brings with to the field.
More ships whenever the mood strikes me, yes, but I don't know if I'll make anything else in the style of the Hail. The Razorback has a similar "curved rough metal" aesthetic to the Hail (P), but doing that on a larger scale than a frigate is beyond my abilities.

Hello?can i reprint your mod?
I have no idea what this means but sure!

I'm not sure if this is the right mod.
But if is it, is it a bug or a omission that the precision mortar is not in the deep space mining blueprint package?   
This is intended - it's a purpose-built weapon, not a mining tool.

Isnt a fast lightly armored battleship just a battlecruiser and a fast lightly armored cruiser a light cruiser? Or is this how You imagin that the domain named its classes. If so that would be a nice oppertunity for some worldbulding.
But that are just my thought on Your modpack.

Edit: after closer inspection of this mod maybe You named it like that on purpose. ;)
I did ;)
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Vayra's Ship Pack 1.2 - vera` s boat bag 2021-02-11
« Reply #104 on: February 12, 2021, 07:17:43 AM »

Hey, you're back! Nice to see you again  :D
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14