Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: [0.95a] Vayra's Ship Pack 1.2.3 - less ruined ruin 2021-03-26  (Read 424271 times)

bluestealth

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hi Vayra,

Thank you for the mod work that you do. 

I wanted to run a suggestion by you, for a toggle within one of the config's, encompassing the more silly aspects of your mod (Fourtenfh battlegroup, hull mods like Very Ill-Advised Modifications or Targeting Pods).  While both funny and amusing, these things seem superfluous, and add 'clutter' to the game.

If there is a method you can recommend for manually disabling these things, that would be appreciated, too.  I took a look over the structure of your mod, but gave up as there were enough related dependencies that I decided I didn't want to spend my Sunday evening reverse-engineering unfamiliar code. 

Anyway, wanted to run the thought by you.  I will continue to use this mod regardless of your response, you do great stuff.  The Dire Wolf destroyer, alone, is all the reason I need to keep it loaded in my playthroughs.

Thanks,
blue

iamAcTive

• Ensign
    • View Profile

The LR Mining Pod Auxiliary fighters do not fire their mining lances.

ASSIMKO

• Commander
    • View Profile

UPDATE!

Somebody decided this mod was balanced enough to include in a tournament, apparently - god knows what they must have been smoking.

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile

Funny thing, it is. There are more broken ships in vanilla and other mods than in VSP- especially that big chunk of ships are utility one- minig ships, salvage gauntry ships etc.

Cynical

• Ensign
    • View Profile

hey has the altlas XIV been removed it hasent shown up in 10 in game years and i cant find it in the encycopida

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile

I think he is still here but it could be temporarily disabled for tournament.

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Vayra's Ship Pack v1.1.1 - Mid-Tournament Balance 2019-11-22
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2019, 04:05:41 PM »

Minor balance update after watching some tournament performance. Get it from the OP.

Hi Vayra,

I wanted to run a suggestion by you, for a toggle within one of the config's, encompassing the more silly aspects of your mod (Fourtenfh battlegroup, hull mods like Very Ill-Advised Modifications or Targeting Pods).  While both funny and amusing, these things seem superfluous, and add 'clutter' to the game.

If there is a method you can recommend for manually disabling these things, that would be appreciated, too.  I took a look over the structure of your mod, but gave up as there were enough related dependencies that I decided I didn't want to spend my Sunday evening reverse-engineering unfamiliar code. 

Anyway, wanted to run the thought by you.  I will continue to use this mod regardless of your response, you do great stuff.  The Dire Wolf destroyer, alone, is all the reason I need to keep it loaded in my playthroughs.

Thanks,
blue

If you want to disable the Mk.XIV stuff, the easiest way is to open the pirates.faction file with notepad or notepad++ and just set their frequencies to 0.

Very Ill-Advised is a built-in hullmod that only appears on the Bruiser (LP) - it's required because that ship would be overpowered if it could be repaired to not have ill-advised modifications. Targeting Pods likewise only appears on the Badger Mk.II :)
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

Cynical

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2019, 01:40:18 AM »

the Altas XIV is one of my favorite ships i like the pirates having a super ship (by their standards ) i always keep one around as a trophy ship any chance the luddic path might get something similar with their Prometheus class?

iamAcTive

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2019, 06:04:31 PM »

Dire Wolf flux capacity 4500 -> 5500, speed 100 -> 115
Awooooooooooo

LR Mining Pod Auxiliary fighters still do not fire their mining lances.

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2019, 10:54:25 AM »

LR Mining Pods not firing their mining lances are caused by not having enough flux capacity; changing their max flux from 150 to 300 solved this problem.
On another note, Pirate Defense Pods kinda suffer from a similar problem of not having enough flux stats so they can't keep firing their mining lasers while also firing light mortars. However unlike the LR Mining Pods, this might be intended as these cost 0 OP to mount. This can be also fixed by raising flux capacity from 75 to 300.

Spoiler
Unrelated, but has anyone else experienced weirdness with the XIV Mudskipper? Every time I find these in fleets they don't have their TPC mounted. In fact, I've never seen one with any kind of weapon mounted, just filled with flux capacitors and hullmods. Looking at the unique hullmod script reveals that there's a chance of no TPC being generated and I've confirmed this by spawning 100 XIV Mudskippers through commands and putting them into storage(They seem to get autofitted when put into storage for some weird reason and their variant name also changes to "REAL DOMAIN" from the default "Custom") Most had their TPC while some didn't. However this also happens with ones salvaged from pirate fleets; even if it didn't have the TPC. One time I mounted an Autopulse laser on one and put it into storage only to find it being magically autofitted to the "REAL DOMAIN" variant replacing the Autopulse laser. And as i wrote earlier, I've never seen one with a TPC out in the wild, probably because NPCs also have trouble with the weird autofit behavior. I tested this by spawning a bunch of pirate fleets with mostly XIV Mudskippers by setting hullfrequency to 99999999 and out of 51 mudskippers that spawned in multiple fleets, none of them had the TPC or any weapon mounted. So Im pretty sure that Mudskippers with TPCs don't happen in NPC fleets. I have alot of mods installed so it could be that something else is causing this bug-like behavior but I just resorted to editing the skin file to make the TPC a built-in weapon.
[close]

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2019, 02:36:06 PM »

Do non-player fleets use these aswell? Just wondering since I fear a mod like this would sort of steamroll without the added ships for variety.
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

bluestealth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2019, 06:05:03 PM »

Minor balance update after watching some tournament performance. Get it from the OP.

Hi Vayra,

Thanks,
blue

If you want to disable the Mk.XIV stuff, the easiest way is to open the pirates.faction file with notepad or notepad++ and just set their frequencies to 0.

Very Ill-Advised is a built-in hullmod that only appears on the Bruiser (LP) - it's required because that ship would be overpowered if it could be repaired to not have ill-advised modifications. Targeting Pods likewise only appears on the Badger Mk.II :)

Thank you for the advice, that frequency tip will do, just fine.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2019, 07:05:03 PM »

Hello Vayra! Thank you for the mod, I've been enjoying it a lot!

The only thing that really, REALLY bothers me is how absolutely broken the ill-advised modification on the LC variant of the Tyrant is. No matter what I try to prevent it, it ALWAYs gets a metric ton of critical weapon failures, permanently disabling them, sometimes even before it gets to the enemy!

It just makes no damn sense to me, my fleet variant has almost 10 minutes of peak performance a d also gets into battles with 100% combat readiness, and yet it still manages to litterally lose half its weaponry (or more) in under two minutes.

Now, I do understand the mod itself is to balance the built-in unstable injector but Jesus it litterally becomes Jesse after finishing off one enemy. Could the mod be changed to disabling a weapon longer than a simple malfuction I stead of having it DELETED from the ship?

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2019, 03:52:16 AM »

I think you can repair it , ill advised mods, yes?

Then LC Tyrant is fantastic.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2019, 06:00:28 AM »

Wait you can? Actually let me check, I think it said it could not be removed. The ones I built myself came in with that specific D-mod three times in a row.

So, the description is the following:

This hull's systems have been drastically modified from spec, likely without certified oversight. Its systems appear to work correctly under routine condition, but have a significant chance of critical malfunction when stressed.

This mod is built into the hull - it can not be removed and it does not cost any ordinance points.

You can actually remove it. What. It does cost you around half a million credits but wow.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14