Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 37

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Vayra's Sector 3.2.1 - D&DSECTOR 2021-03-25  (Read 582504 times)

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Vayra's Sector 3.2 - back from the dead 2021-02-11
« Reply #330 on: February 12, 2021, 12:26:32 AM »

haha SIKE
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 12, 2021, 12:26:43 AM »

yes i fixed the infinite fleets thing also a bunch of other stuff

Changelog:
Spoiler
- deleted RaiderNonEventFleets entirely 8)
- added even more error handling to HVB system - malformed rows (THANKS SOZZER :argh:) will no longer crash the system and cause bounties after them to not load
- added Manifesto Nexerelin start
- notable Persean League subfactions will now spawn diverse fleets to defend their homes, including two new skins
- finally fixed bug where HVBs don't actually autorecover (thanks nicke)
- finally fixed bug where player-targeted bounties scaled unintentionally way above what they were supposed to
- also set the default FP scaling to 1.1 from 1.2
- also fixed the bug where they cared more about war deaths than war crimes
- tweaked some other settings
- set Blessed Reach spawn to default to FALSE
- L'Interstellaire will spawn in a random system instead of hyperspace now
- added a number of skins for the Rimward Venture Trading Company and Stormhawk Republic (thanks Alfonzo)
- fixed bug where sometimes Stormhawk ships would cause all fighters of a given spec to refit instantly, forever, which somehow nobody told me about until right now
- the new behavior for Stormhawk Modular Engineering is a flat 20% buff to fighter replacement rate
- fixed bug where the Ascendancy would sell [REDACTED] materiel if they Ascended before having any colonies (possible in Nexerelin)
- added really good music - no, actually, it's really good, this isn't a meme - to PDPRC as neutral/friendly theme, by Samuel Choi (https://www.hanawub.com/)
- added ForceHVB <bounty_id> Console Command
- added list HVBs Console Command
- added getBountyFaction(), getPostingFaction(), getPerson(), getFleet(), and getFlagship() methods to VayraPersonBountyIntel and VayraUniqueBountyIntel
- added maximumFleetFP field to unique_bounty_data.csv - optional field, defaults to Integer.MAX_INT
- fixed Galleon variant (assigned unspent OP, fixed weapon groups)
- set all .variant files to goalVariant: true, without looking at them. you may notice a slight itching sensation
- fixed .version file hosting (moved to github)
[close]

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Vayra's Sector 3.1.5 - seizing the means 2020-01-24
« Reply #332 on: February 12, 2021, 02:09:54 AM »

Mora (RG) missing default_ship_roles, infinite nonevent raider fleet spawning, and HVB autorecovery getting lost will all be fixed (finally) in the next update.  ;D
oops

I was wondering if a total random universe was possible?
I know Nex adds random core worlds, but would something like the below be possible?

Have the entire map be random in terms of placing starting inhabitant worlds, with a faction grouped together in the same constellation.
So when you meet other factions, it's almost like discovering a new species out there. Would make exploration interesting/rewarding.

I'm assuming there is something in the game mechanics that prevent this?
This is an excellent idea, but not something I'll be working towards anytime soon.

you are supposed to be able to salvage the rare ships from a unique bounty, right? Because i can't. Ship doesn't show up in the recovery tab. I'm only using utility and misc mods as well as the ship pack.
This is finally fixed, hah.

I ran into an issue (?) with the unique bounty manager. I am running both Vayra's Sector and Vayra's Ship Pack (and also Next and others). I had the Gal Paladin  high value bounty in my Intel, but then after a while it disappeared. I noticed that it had disappeared right after I accepted an IBB bounty, but after doing that bounty it didn't reappear. So at first I thought maybe there was a limit to active unique bounties but I'm worried I've permanent lost the chance at this bounty now; normally I wouldn't really care but I'm doing a unique-ships-only playthrough at the moment. Will the bounty re-trigger? Am I right that it went away because I accepted too many simultaneous unique bounties? If so I'll avoid that in the future.
Unfortunately, it's gone - if this happens to anyone in the future I'd recommend just console commanding the ship in once you feel like you deserve it. What I'm guessing happened is that something else spawned into the system with her and killed her fleet. HVBs are set to the 'neutral' faction (which is supposed to be neutral to everything) until you get into the same system as them - same as normal bounties - but it's possible another mod added a faction that's hostile to 'neutral', or it's a bug. Either way I'll keep an eye out for that, thanks for the report!

Some feedback on the ghost ships.  I just ran across an Expedition battlecruiser from the Missing Ships mod (the one with 6,000 max crew and 2,000 required), and it requires 2,000 marines be stationed on board the ship.  Last ghost ship I found was 200/200, so I guess it's one marine for every skeleton crew required?  Not sure what the formula is, but it does seem a little excessive.  My own thought would be maybe 10% or so would make sense.

Whatever the case, awesome mod and thank you for making it.
It is, in fact, 1 marine per crew required. This should be fine with anything that isn't Missing Ships, hah. Glad you're enjoying the mod!

The bounty fleets are way too large. Here, for example is a 56 ship bounty hunter fleet. This is without uncapped player level or anything like that.

Spoiler
[close]
This should be fixed in the latest version - there was a bug that was causing them to scale way beyond what they should.

Posted this in the Mayasura thread, got pointed here.

When I use the Javanicus(SR) it has unlimited and instant replenishment of all fighter squadrons, including bombers. Furthermore, after using it once, every single carrier in my fleet gets the same effect until I reload the game. While sitting in an Onslaught's face with an otherwise-stripped-bare Javanicus(SR) and waiting for my Myrmidon bombers to kill him is funny, I get the feeling this isn't intended.

...I suppose it's worth mentioning that I've only seen this in simulations. I'm not really inclined to bring it into a real fight.
This was actually even worse than you're describing, and nobody on discord told me about it so I almost didn't hear about it in time to fix it  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifrZVjgfcp8&feature=youtu.be
Short Video I made of Vayra's Sector
MOM I'M FAMOUS (thank you for making this i really appreciate it!)

I came here from this thread.

Quote from there
vayras sector has a setting / feature that makes pirate & pather bases stop spawning if all of their markets are destroyed.
this includes established markets, not just the hidden stations they raid you from, so removing the pirates entirely would probably take a bit. as far as i know it works standalone
[close]

So, is that true?

Do I have any chances to have that feature without having all another Vayra's super-cool, but unwanted things?

Thank you!
It is true! And most of the other features can be disabled by editing VAYRA_SETTINGS.ini in the mod directory (use notepad). I'm not actually sure which, if any, you can't disable.

I guess SR will be disabled in my next campaign for the time being, it's more annoying than anything to fight them really.
I've actually made them even more toxic to fight now praying hands emoji

Just going to drop a crash report that appears to be from this, for future reference if Vayra is on a break.
Spoiler
4456131 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.hullmods.VayraGhostShip  - THE BILGE IS LEAKING! LEAKING CANNIBALS, THAT IS
4456132 [Thread-4] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [campaign_music_part_2_v28.ogg]
4456147 [Thread-8] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
4456324 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [RunningDark.ogg]
4456325 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.null  - Playing music with id [RunningDark.ogg]
4456613 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.ArithmeticException: / by zero
java.lang.ArithmeticException: / by zero
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraGhostShipIntel.rollBattleResults(VayraGhostShipIntel.java:84)
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraGhostShipIntel.<init>(VayraGhostShipIntel.java:65)
   at data.scripts.hullmods.VayraGhostShip.doCannibalCampaignStuff(VayraGhostShip.java:1425)
   at data.scripts.hullmods.VayraGhostShip.advanceInCampaign(VayraGhostShip.java:416)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
I believe this is fixed, looks like it was caused by trying to spawn a ghost ship with 0 minimum crew but I've put a check in there to act as if it were 1 in that case.

I seem to be having a problem.
With Vayra's Sector enabled, all the personal bounties (the ones where you have to hunt a specific fleet) are created with 1 day remaining to complete. System bounties and faction bounties are fine. I skimmed the thread to see if someone had any similar problems, and found just one guy complaining about it on page 13, but he was ignored.

Besides Vayra's Sector, the only mods I use are Nexerelin and a bunch of faction mods that are supposed to work with it.
When installing Vayra's Sector, to avoid any problems, I cleaned up my mod folder and redownloaded Nexerelin and all faction mods again to be sure to have the most updated version of each, and started a new save.
When I disable it in the mods list and start a new game the bounties work normally.
I fixed a similar bug a few versions ago but that was just causing them to time out twice as fast, not start with 1 day remaining. I'll keep an eye out but I really have no idea what could be causing this one, sorry  :-\

Haven't played or been on these server for at least a year or 2 maybe 3 so this mod is new to me.

I love your humor with the User Testimonials.
Thanks! Glad you're enjoying it.

TheShepard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 17, 2021, 05:09:06 PM »

Hey Vayra, I updated to the latest version and seem to be getting the same error across multiple game saves (even in a new game). It seems to trigger when time passes to a new day per some timed event. Any solutions you can suggest? The error and mods are listed below, thanks!

[Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: data.scripts.campaign.bases.VayraRaiderBaseBarEvent: method <init>()V not found
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: data.scripts.campaign.bases.VayraRaiderBaseBarEvent: method <init>()V not found
   at data.scripts.campaign.bases.KadurRaiderBaseBarEvent.<init>(KadurRaiderBaseBarEvent.java:23)
   at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
   at data.scripts.campaign.bases.VayraRaiderBaseIntel.<init>(VayraRaiderBaseIntel.java:262)
   at data.scripts.campaign.bases.VayraRaiderBaseManager.createEvent(VayraRaiderBaseManager.java:312)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.BaseEventManager.advance(BaseEventManager.java:141)
   at data.scripts.campaign.bases.VayraRaiderBaseManager.advance(VayraRaiderBaseManager.java:135)

Active mod list:
------------------
Regular mods (16):
 - Blackrock Drive Yards 0.9.5 by cycerin & co.
 - Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering 1.18a by Harmful Mechanic
 - ICE 0.41 RC-2 by Main Maintainers : Sundog, Deathfly, AnyIDElse.
For all staff, see credits_and_thanks.txt
 - Interstellar Imperium 2.3.0 by DarkRevenant & others
 - Kadur Remnant 3.2.1 by Vayra
 - Mayasuran Navy 8.3.2 RC2 by Knight Chase
 - Nexerelin 0.9.8b by Histidine (original by Zaphide)
 - Scy Nation 1.61 by Created by Tartiflette. Music by Fastland. With the help of Debido, Mesotronik, Dark Revenant, Histidine, Silentstormpt, SniZupGun, Deathfly, 19_30 and many others.
 - Ship/Weapon Pack 1.12.3b by DarkRevenant
 - Sylphon RnD 1.0 by Nia and Nicke
 - Tahlan Shipworks 0.4.1 by Nia Tahl
 - The Knights Templar 0.9.9d by DarkRevenant and Cycerin
 - Tiandong Heavy Industries 1.2.1a by -MesoTroniK
 - Underworld 1.4.7 by DarkRevenant
 - Vayra's Sector 3.1.5 by Vayra
 - Vayra's Ship Pack 1.1.4 by Vayra
Utility mods (4):
 - Console Commands 2021-1-19 by LazyWizard
 - LazyLib 2.5c by LazyWizard
 - MagicLib 0.29 by Modding Community
 - ZZ GraphicsLib 1.4.4 by DarkRevenant

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 17, 2021, 05:17:37 PM »

Hey Vayra, I updated to the latest version and seem to be getting the same error across multiple game saves (even in a new game). It seems to trigger when time passes to a new day per some timed event. Any solutions you can suggest? The error and mods are listed below, thanks!

[Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: data.scripts.campaign.bases.VayraRaiderBaseBarEvent: method <init>()V not found
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: data.scripts.campaign.bases.VayraRaiderBaseBarEvent: method <init>()V not found
   at data.scripts.campaign.bases.KadurRaiderBaseBarEvent.<init>(KadurRaiderBaseBarEvent.java:23)
   at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
   at data.scripts.campaign.bases.VayraRaiderBaseIntel.<init>(VayraRaiderBaseIntel.java:262)
   at data.scripts.campaign.bases.VayraRaiderBaseManager.createEvent(VayraRaiderBaseManager.java:312)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.BaseEventManager.advance(BaseEventManager.java:141)
   at data.scripts.campaign.bases.VayraRaiderBaseManager.advance(VayraRaiderBaseManager.java:135)

Active mod list:
------------------
Regular mods (16):
 - Blackrock Drive Yards 0.9.5 by cycerin & co.
 - Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering 1.18a by Harmful Mechanic
 - ICE 0.41 RC-2 by Main Maintainers : Sundog, Deathfly, AnyIDElse.
For all staff, see credits_and_thanks.txt
 - Interstellar Imperium 2.3.0 by DarkRevenant & others
 - Kadur Remnant 3.2.1 by Vayra
 - Mayasuran Navy 8.3.2 RC2 by Knight Chase
 - Nexerelin 0.9.8b by Histidine (original by Zaphide)
 - Scy Nation 1.61 by Created by Tartiflette. Music by Fastland. With the help of Debido, Mesotronik, Dark Revenant, Histidine, Silentstormpt, SniZupGun, Deathfly, 19_30 and many others.
 - Ship/Weapon Pack 1.12.3b by DarkRevenant
 - Sylphon RnD 1.0 by Nia and Nicke
 - Tahlan Shipworks 0.4.1 by Nia Tahl
 - The Knights Templar 0.9.9d by DarkRevenant and Cycerin
 - Tiandong Heavy Industries 1.2.1a by -MesoTroniK
 - Underworld 1.4.7 by DarkRevenant
 - Vayra's Sector 3.1.5 by Vayra
 - Vayra's Ship Pack 1.1.4 by Vayra
Utility mods (4):
 - Console Commands 2021-1-19 by LazyWizard
 - LazyLib 2.5c by LazyWizard
 - MagicLib 0.29 by Modding Community
 - ZZ GraphicsLib 1.4.4 by DarkRevenant

Is this a clean install, i.e. did you delete the mod folder completely before unzipping the new version?

TheShepard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 17, 2021, 05:35:41 PM »

I thought it was a clean install, but I just tried it again and it seems my existing saves won't load anymore, so I must've just saved over it. I'll try a new game and see if I still run into the same error. Thanks.

Asmeroth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 21, 2021, 03:49:42 AM »

Im playing with Nexerelin and the new Factions that appear pretty much get instantly anihilated by the big factions. Maybe have them be stealthy in the beginning or so.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 21, 2021, 10:13:58 PM »

It really depends from a game. In my current run science fuckers, stormhawks and ashen keepers are all living in the rim near my colonies. A good place to sell excess metals and organics for profits. And stormhawks are even raiding Hegememe now. So it all depends from whatever other factions are occupied by an all out war with each other.

phonon5891

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 13, 2021, 05:51:13 PM »

Hi Vayra, I'm running into a repeatable CTD in my current save. I was doing a Revolutionary Council run (my first with this faction), and have previously done a couple runs with other factions without issue, so not sure what went wrong here. From the log, it looks like the game was trying to fire the Popular Front event, but something went wrong. I could set spawnPopularFront to "false", but I don't think that would help my current save. Any ideas on how I can sidestep this crash, or should I just start a new game? Thanks in advance!

Clean install, latest mod versions, deleted old mod folders, the works. The crash message (identical across several crash logs) is quoted below, and I've put up my enabled mods file at this Pastebin link.

Code
4189991 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.fleets.VayraPopularFrontManager  - didn't find interstellaire, creating one
4190260 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.scripts.campaign.colonies.VayraColonialManager.pickTarget(VayraColonialManager.java:763)
at data.scripts.campaign.fleets.VayraPopularFrontManager.makeStation(VayraPopularFrontManager.java:244)
at data.scripts.campaign.fleets.VayraPopularFrontManager.advance(VayraPopularFrontManager.java:107)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 05:53:34 PM by phonon5891 »

furl

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 15, 2021, 07:55:46 AM »

How long does it take for next Unique bounty to spawn? I'm year 219 now and surveyed all the planets in the Sector but still didn't get Caliph (Kadur) or Higanbana (Tahlan) bounties. 

I assume this is the code, but I can't really make any of it
Code

// advance the spawn timer
        float days = Global.getSector().getClock().convertToDays(amount);
        if (VAYRA_DEBUG) days *= 30f;
        spawnCheckTimer.advance(days);

// and check if we should spawn any bounties
        float bountyChance = VAYRA_DEBUG ? 1f : UNIQUE_BOUNTY_CHANCE;
        if (spawnCheckTimer.intervalElapsed() && this.getActive().size() < getMaxConcurrent() && bounties.size() > 0) {

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 15, 2021, 11:28:27 AM »

I think there is a limit to how much HVB can be active at any time. So you need to increase the limit or destroy the existing one.

Code
		"maxActiveUniqueBounties":3,   # Integer
# eligible unique bounties (if active) will only spawn up to this limit
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

furl

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 15, 2021, 12:13:21 PM »

I think there is a limit to how much HVB can be active at any time. So you need to increase the limit or destroy the existing one.
The thing is, I don't have any active HVBs at the moment. The last bounty I completed was Izanami (Tahlan) and it feels like it was several in-game months ago. Also Sunbird and Hound bounties never showed up.

helmacon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 16, 2021, 01:44:02 PM »

Unsure what is causing this crash-on-save, but the log had the word "Vayra" in the line here, so i thought id drop it here in case its something for you to look at.

Sorry if its the wrong place!

Code
5104 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader  - Applying data from weapon_data.csv to [lights_hound]
5104 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader  - Weapon spec [vayra_mrm_fighter] not found in weapon_data.csv
5107 [Thread-4] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader  - Error figuring out MIRV spec details
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.ÒO0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 16, 2021, 11:55:13 PM »

Did you play on Laptop with 2 GPU, Integrated and Dedicated GPU (Example : Intel HD and Nvidia)? If yes, you probably have the same problem like me. If you run it on Windows using Dedicated GPU in my case NVIDIA, it crashes every time I try to save, you can change it to Integrated GPU (Intel HD) to make it able to save the game. I don't why it happens, but NVIDIA is being NVIDIA I guess.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

helmacon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 17, 2021, 04:13:12 PM »

Did you play on Laptop with 2 GPU, Integrated and Dedicated GPU (Example : Intel HD and Nvidia)? If yes, you probably have the same problem like me. If you run it on Windows using Dedicated GPU in my case NVIDIA, it crashes every time I try to save, you can change it to Integrated GPU (Intel HD) to make it able to save the game. I don't why it happens, but NVIDIA is being NVIDIA I guess.

I play on a desktop, but the crash issue did seem to resolve by allocating more memory in the vmparams,

Not sure what it was i was looking at in the log there.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 37