Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 37

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Vayra's Sector 3.2.1 - D&DSECTOR 2021-03-25  (Read 582457 times)

Terethall

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Vayra's Sector 3.1.5 - seizing the means 2020-01-24
« Reply #285 on: April 05, 2020, 05:49:13 PM »

I ran into an issue (?) with the unique bounty manager. I am running both Vayra's Sector and Vayra's Ship Pack (and also Next and others). I had the Gal Paladin  high value bounty in my Intel, but then after a while it disappeared. I noticed that it had disappeared right after I accepted an IBB bounty, but after doing that bounty it didn't reappear. So at first I thought maybe there was a limit to active unique bounties but I'm worried I've permanent lost the chance at this bounty now; normally I wouldn't really care but I'm doing a unique-ships-only playthrough at the moment. Will the bounty re-trigger? Am I right that it went away because I accepted too many simultaneous unique bounties? If so I'll avoid that in the future.

Hydra7-1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 14, 2020, 11:50:14 PM »

I ran into an issue (?) with the unique bounty manager. I am running both Vayra's Sector and Vayra's Ship Pack (and also Next and others). I had the Gal Paladin  high value bounty in my Intel, but then after a while it disappeared. I noticed that it had disappeared right after I accepted an IBB bounty, but after doing that bounty it didn't reappear. So at first I thought maybe there was a limit to active unique bounties but I'm worried I've permanent lost the chance at this bounty now; normally I wouldn't really care but I'm doing a unique-ships-only playthrough at the moment. Will the bounty re-trigger? Am I right that it went away because I accepted too many simultaneous unique bounties? If so I'll avoid that in the future.
The problem with the HVB are that they are ascosiated with a faction. If there is a faction hostile to the HVB they will kill them. If Gal dissapeared it was probably because she was Killed.

Terethall

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 15, 2020, 09:46:17 PM »

Interesting! I didn't realize that. That is definitely a possibility then. Thanks for the tip -- I'll have to jump on those bounties sooner in the future then.

Sterdude

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 16, 2020, 04:40:17 AM »

Nothing wrong with adding a bit of humor into your hard work but that flute song (Cumrade Cums) as the Revolutionary Council anthem. Really?
Not a big deal replacing it but still... why would you add that? It's not funny, just straight up annoying.

More motivation to eliminate the faction.
Yeah, but it is quite immersion breaking. Specially after all the trouble to make all the custom sprites for it. Even the Pathers have better music and we all know their ideology is trash. The tips are funny, this is just annoying.

But hey, maybe Varya thinks "propaganda for my favorite ideology" = "extreme self-deprecation McCarthyists would approve of". Apart from that, the mod itself is quite fun and a welcome addition alongside Nexelerin. The People's Collective at least has the decency to be small-scale and not cause much trouble, while the Stormhawks themselves are far better at the "annoying guerrilla terrorist force" thing and thus #1 on my kill list.

Well nothing is stopping you from converting a short music file into OGG format and replacing the file, that's what I did. It's just as simple as you think it is.

Luckspeare

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 16, 2020, 09:56:07 PM »

Some feedback on the ghost ships.  I just ran across an Expedition battlecruiser from the Missing Ships mod (the one with 6,000 max crew and 2,000 required), and it requires 2,000 marines be stationed on board the ship.  Last ghost ship I found was 200/200, so I guess it's one marine for every skeleton crew required?  Not sure what the formula is, but it does seem a little excessive.  My own thought would be maybe 10% or so would make sense.

Whatever the case, awesome mod and thank you for making it.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 11:03:22 PM by Luckspeare »

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 22, 2020, 07:18:00 AM »

The bounty fleets are way too large. Here, for example is a 56 ship bounty hunter fleet. This is without uncapped player level or anything like that.

Spoiler
[close]

Sterdude

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 22, 2020, 09:06:26 AM »

The bounty fleets are way too large. Here, for example is a 56 ship bounty hunter fleet. This is without uncapped player level or anything like that.

You can change the size of bounty hunter fleets in VAYRA_SETTINGS. In the mod folder.

Drazhya

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 27, 2020, 07:48:02 PM »

Posted this in the Mayasura thread, got pointed here.

When I use the Javanicus(SR) it has unlimited and instant replenishment of all fighter squadrons, including bombers. Furthermore, after using it once, every single carrier in my fleet gets the same effect until I reload the game. While sitting in an Onslaught's face with an otherwise-stripped-bare Javanicus(SR) and waiting for my Myrmidon bombers to kill him is funny, I get the feeling this isn't intended.

...I suppose it's worth mentioning that I've only seen this in simulations. I'm not really inclined to bring it into a real fight.

Luckspeare

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 30, 2020, 02:03:37 PM »

Important question about the mod, technically speaking.

Why is there no "Read more China Mieville" tip.

TacticalSandblaster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 01, 2020, 09:43:06 AM »

Nothing wrong with adding a bit of humor into your hard work but that flute song (Cumrade Cums) as the Revolutionary Council anthem. Really?
Not a big deal replacing it but still... why would you add that? It's not funny, just straight up annoying.

It is terrible, terrible recorder music. I replaced mine with a soviet marching song.

For anyone interested:
http://www.sovmusic.ru/english/index.php
https://www.zamzar.com/convert/mp3-to-ogg/

Unnamed_Shadow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 05, 2020, 06:55:05 PM »

It is terrible, terrible recorder music. I replaced mine with a soviet marching song.

For anyone interested:
http://www.sovmusic.ru/english/index.php
https://www.zamzar.com/convert/mp3-to-ogg/

How exactly do you replace it?

You just download and convert whatever file you want? Copy/paste it and delete it the old one?

Or you have to give it the same name as the file?

Enoch

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 07, 2020, 02:23:53 AM »

How exactly do you replace it?

You just download and convert whatever file you want? Copy/paste it and delete it the old one?

Or you have to give it the same name as the file?

I just copied one of the pirate themes (since it's already an OGG file, no conversion needed; although if you wanted to convert a file it would be pretty easy) and changed the name of the file to match the original. Not sure if you do have to change the name for it to work, but it definitely does when you do.

Smartfolk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 27, 2020, 11:05:05 AM »

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 28, 2020, 09:28:36 PM »

I came here from this thread.

Quote from there
vayras sector has a setting / feature that makes pirate & pather bases stop spawning if all of their markets are destroyed.
this includes established markets, not just the hidden stations they raid you from, so removing the pirates entirely would probably take a bit. as far as i know it works standalone
[close]

So, is that true?

Do I have any chances to have that feature without having all another Vayra's super-cool, but unwanted things?

Thank you!
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Lokoth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 03, 2020, 08:45:33 PM »

So this didn't get an update for a while now, but ever since I've updated a couple few mods for a new playthrough I can't seem to be able to recover ANY unique ships from higher value bounty. I've read in the thread somewhere this was a known bug but what bothers me is that It used to work fine before updating a few of the mods I'm using that I believe anyway have nothing to do with this. Like, maybe Nexerelin can conflict somewhere, but it seems a bit exaggerated. Hopefully OP can fix it.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 37