Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.9.1a is out! (05/10/19); Updated the Forum Rules and Guidelines (02/29/20); Blog post: GIF Roundup (04/11/20)

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Vayra's Sector 3.1.5 - seizing the means 2020-01-24  (Read 182403 times)

poiuzt

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Vayra's Sector 3.1.5 - seizing the means 2020-01-24
« Reply #240 on: February 02, 2020, 08:13:37 PM »

Quote from: several people
crashes

Unfortunately, updating this mod is rarely if ever safe for existing saves - c'mon, I put it in red text in the OP by the download link...  :-[

First of all my save is not from an existing game, means updated mod before started a new game...
Then, ignoring a users error report, because you think he can´t read red text? Is that how you treat your mods play-tester?

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 02, 2020, 08:21:54 PM »

It's the same crash as happens when someone tries to load an old save with the newest version, which is why I thought that was what you were doing. I'll look into it. :-\
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

TimeDiver

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 02, 2020, 08:50:03 PM »

I'd like to report I'm seeing a similar CTD, after I updated all of my mods from December and started from a new game (this was not on a previous save). The log entry preceding the crash says it's loading hmp_plexus_bounty, but I've also seen it occur with a "raven_bounty". CTD occurs immediately upon loading the save.
Spoiler
70931 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyManager  - loading unique bounty hmp_plexus_bounty
71589 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyManager.loadBounties(VayraUniqueBountyManager.java:332)
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyManager.reload(VayraUniqueBountyManager.java:365)
   at data.scripts.VayraModPlugin.onGameLoad(VayraModPlugin.java:130)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.menuItemSelected(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

This one's weirder. Which mods are those bounties from? I'll have to take a look at their bounty files, most likely.
It's from the recently taken-down (at the mod author's request, since they had a explosive meltdown to some criticism) Hullmod Expansion Pack.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 03, 2020, 01:52:23 AM »

Hi, raven_bounty comes from Yuri Expedition. Might there be an error in the data I entered?

Phoenixheart

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #244 on: February 04, 2020, 02:47:57 PM »

Sorry if this has been asked before, a quick search didn't pull anything up:

IBB bounties have the flagship as "always recoverable" since the bounties are non-repeatable. Are the HVB bounties in Vayra's Sector one-shot as well, and if you don't get lucky and recover the flagship is that chance lost for the whole playthrough? or can it randomly show up again later as the flagship of another bounty?

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 04, 2020, 09:06:01 PM »

Hi, raven_bounty comes from Yuri Expedition. Might there be an error in the data I entered?

I'll take a look!

EDIT: unfortunately your mod currently crashes on newgame, before VS loads unique bounties  :-X you'll have to fix that before I can debug the bounty for you

Sorry if this has been asked before, a quick search didn't pull anything up:

IBB bounties have the flagship as "always recoverable" since the bounties are non-repeatable. Are the HVB bounties in Vayra's Sector one-shot as well, and if you don't get lucky and recover the flagship is that chance lost for the whole playthrough? or can it randomly show up again later as the flagship of another bounty?

They are intended to be, in the current release there is a bug which makes them non-autorecovered some of the time (i recommend consoling the hull in if you get hit with this - sorry!) but I think I've managed to finally track it down with Nicke's help, so it should be fixed for the next release... fingers crossed.  :P
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 09:14:48 PM by Vayra »

Phoenixheart

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #246 on: February 05, 2020, 10:08:02 AM »

Gotcha, thanks. Since updating the main mod is not usually save compatible, can you tell me what needed to be changed so I can fix it in the version I have now without having to restart?

saltynut1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 05, 2020, 04:09:54 PM »

Forgive me if this is normal, but is it normal for factions like Diable to be selling ships with 4 dmods from their military fleet selection, while the black market is selling nearly pristine ships?

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 06, 2020, 01:56:25 PM »

Forgive me if this is normal, but is it normal for factions like Diable to be selling ships with 4 dmods from their military fleet selection, while the black market is selling nearly pristine ships?

That sounds like a bug - you should tell Inventor Raccoon, the author of DME (the mod that Diable is from) about it in the Tahlan thread.

saltynut1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 06, 2020, 03:41:32 PM »

That sounds like a bug - you should tell Inventor Raccoon, the author of DME (the mod that Diable is from) about it in the Tahlan thread.

Alright thank you. I thought of telling you because without this mod the ships act normally with only a few having 1 maybe 2 dmods.

poiuzt

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 09, 2020, 05:36:58 PM »

Wow looks like another "modder" had an explosive meltdown to some criticism... If i may quote from opening post: "Comments and constructive criticism encouraged."
At least this one was "creative" by expressing it ;D

Anyway this mod is going out off my game and into the trash can, where it belongs. Buggy as hell, corrupts your save and even crashes your game, because written poorly...

And please go ahead, you have my permission to pin this on your "wall of meltdown"  ::)

connortron7

• Commander
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #251 on: February 09, 2020, 06:13:32 PM »

Wow looks like another "modder" had an explosive meltdown to some criticism... If i may quote from opening post: "Comments and constructive criticism encouraged."

Anyway this mod is going out off my game and into the trash can, where it belongs. Buggy as hell, corrupts your save and even crashes your game, because written poorly...

And please go ahead, you have my permission to pin this on your "wall of meltdown"  ::)
Jeez lol, is this because of the "user testimonials"? If so maybe i should add one aswell! Seems like a good hoot lmao.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 06:16:30 PM by connortron7 »

Deageon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 10, 2020, 06:49:33 AM »

Are you mad that like, there's a communist faction in the mod? Is that why you are crying? Nobody actually cares bro.

poiuzt

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 10, 2020, 06:57:00 AM »

Jeez lol, is this because of the "user testimonials"? If so maybe i should add one aswell! Seems like a good hoot lmao.

If you can´t handle criticism, then you should  8)

poiuzt

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 10, 2020, 07:01:44 AM »

Are you mad that like, there's a communist faction in the mod? Is that why you are crying? Nobody actually cares bro.

Ehh what?
Before getting mad yourself, you should learn to understand a discussion´s content.
... and for someone, who "doesn´t care" you failed pretty hard in showing that  ::)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21