Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 37

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Vayra's Sector 3.2.1 - D&DSECTOR 2021-03-25  (Read 582490 times)

Spacer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Vayra's Sector v3.0.4 - Absolutely No Bugs I Swear 2019-08-29
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2019, 01:12:51 AM »

Ashen Keepers seem to maintain their colony no matter how much unrest: https://i.imgur.com/rj8CbRW.png

This, combined with their high tech focus means you can farm every high tech BP by raiding them to oblivion. I've gotten just about every high tech ship from them, including Paragon, Doom, Hyperion, etc. I know they're pro-tech, but shouldn't they focus more on low and midline? Seems a bit odd for moderate Ludds to use high tech stuff.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 01:15:10 AM by Spacer »

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2019, 02:19:39 AM »

Their modified ship are Aurora and Medusa, which are high tech. They use also most if not all Luddic Church/Path ships.

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2019, 01:19:37 PM »

Varya
Do you maybe know how to make factions spawn fleets similar to Salvager fleets for independents?
I mean faction fleets disguised as indie exploring far reach sectors with separate ship composition?

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2019, 02:06:42 PM »

Varya
Do you maybe know how to make factions spawn fleets similar to Salvager fleets for independents?
I mean faction fleets disguised as indie exploring far reach sectors with separate ship composition?

CampaignFleetAPI fleet = FleetFactoryV3.createFleet(params);

if (fleet == null || fleet.isEmpty()) return null;

fleet.setFaction(Factions.INDEPENDENT, true); <--- Zhis looks like it could be the faction setter for scavengers

fleet.getMemoryWithoutUpdate().set(MemFlags.MEMORY_KEY_SCAVENGER, true);
CampaignFleetAPI fleet = createScavenger(type, system.getLocation(), route, route.getMarket(), pirate, random);

if (pirate) {
         Misc.makeLowRepImpact(fleet, "scav");
      }

--> in procgen/themes/RuinsFleetRouteManager.java L 120 to 209

public static CampaignFleetAPI createFleet(FleetParamsV3 params) {
      Global.getSettings().profilerBegin("FleetFactoryV3.createFleet()");
      try {

boolean fakeMarket = false;
      MarketAPI market = pickMarket(params);
      if (market == null) {
         market = Global.getFactory().createMarket("fake", "fake", 5);
         market.getStability().modifyFlat("fake", 10000);
         market.setFactionId(params.factionId); <--+

in /impl/campaign/fleets/FleetFactoryV3.java L139 - 148

As for the load-out i really hope the faction setting determines it as well i could take a look at nexes brawl spawning to make sure how it works as nex has a chance for invasion fleets to use random faction ships but lets wait for varya
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 02:26:06 PM by Yog-Sothoth »
"The early worm catcheth the bird."

Offensive_Name

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2019, 03:59:43 PM »

Rimward venture Hasn't show up yet in my Nexerelin game, StormHawk and the commies have both made a colony but Rimward isn't even on the faction list yet. Should I be worried?

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2019, 04:31:00 PM »

No.
They will spawn eventually.

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2019, 04:45:16 PM »

As for the load-out i really hope the faction setting determines it as well i could take a look at nexes brawl spawning to make sure how it works as nex has a chance for invasion fleets to use random faction ships but lets wait for varya

The faction the fleet is created for (somewhere in "params" it should have a faction ID or faction object) determines ship/loadout composition - then you change its owner to indies, which is the   fleet.setFaction(Factions.INDEPENDENT, true); line.
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2019, 05:15:50 PM »

BTW Suddenly(with the new update) Stormhavk start spawning their camps but in core systems. Is this okay?

And thanks for answering but it looks far to complicated for my lowly abilities.

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2019, 01:14:45 AM »

Rimward venture Hasn't show up yet in my Nexerelin game, StormHawk and the commies have both made a colony but Rimward isn't even on the faction list yet. Should I be worried?

I had the same problem after the mods split with stormhawk turns out i had forgotten to enable both rimward and them. Was playing with faction respawning off and rimward only spawned cause i had selected a commission with them which confused the hell out of me.

And thanks for answering but it looks far to complicated for my lowly abilities.

Get yourself eclipse if you don't already have it or use your fav IDE.
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=4344.0
literally the simplest and also dirtiest ways to get what you want is to use a random number gen (1 to nFactions that you want to have scavengers) a case and switch function where the switch would be the rand and the cases its values and for every value --> rnd val 1 calls fleet.setFaction(Factions.INDEPENDENT, true); val 2 calls  fleet.setFaction(Factions.PERSEAN, true) val 3 calls fleet.setFaction(Factions.HEGEMONY, true); and so on ... that bool there at the end defines if the fleet will or wont have officers with them.

You could also just use the Markets.Faction from where the scavenger originates which is incidentally a few lines before the fleet creation line (L 82). Seems like a route contains the fleets origin Market, nah scratch that you get the market already handed to you ---> public static CampaignFleetAPI createScavenger(String type, Vector2f locInHyper, RouteData route, MarketAPI source, boolean pirate, Random random) ... so you just need to change fleet.setFaction(Factions.INDEPENDENT, true) to fleet.setFaction(source.getFactionId(), true);

Now if i understand this correctly and i probably don't by doing this and having independent as faction disabled you would basically end up with barely any if any independent scavengers ... Also you wont get any luddic path scavengers or other to the independet Faction hostile factions as those markets(source) are not picked.  Some of those faction scavengers would be covertly pirates but ... ¯\(°_o)/¯

« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 02:38:23 AM by Yog-Sothoth »

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2019, 05:30:30 AM »

"colonialCompetitorsColonyCountMult":4,  --> maximum colonies (across all colony factions) will be equal to this * <number of player-controlled markets, minimum 1> ¯\(°_o)/¯ que *?

Lets say i have 20 at the start of 207 colonies(not that i do), so how many Colonies can other Factions individually and cumulatively expand to going by a ...CountMult":4  ? 20*4 ?

"coreCriticalMass":20,  # one specific colonial competitor (if active) will undergo a dramatic transformation upon reaching the specified point threshold
Points ? What does this do ? Tell me ... THE TENSioN is KiLling ME!         
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 05:56:57 AM by Yog-Sothoth »

Morathar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2019, 08:04:48 AM »

BTW Suddenly(with the new update) Stormhavk start spawning their camps but in core systems. Is this okay?

Do those core systems happen to contain Hegemony markets? I believe the camps you're seeing are actual raider bases as opposed to the new colonies they form outside the core. According to the warhawk_republic settings file, the Stormhawk raider bases are special "firebases" which specifically spawn in the same system as their target (which is practically guaranteed to be the Hegemony). As for why you're suddenly seeing them now, I'm guessing that's due to the raider base manager fix in the latest update. It would have been highly unlikely to see them spawn in the older versions...

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2019, 10:11:11 AM »

Do those core systems happen to contain Hegemony markets? I believe the camps you're seeing are actual raider bases as opposed to the new colonies they form outside the core. According to the warhawk_republic settings file, the Stormhawk raider bases are special "firebases" which specifically spawn in the same system as their target (which is practically guaranteed to be the Hegemony). As for why you're suddenly seeing them now, I'm guessing that's due to the raider base manager fix in the latest update. It would have been highly unlikely to see them spawn in the older versions...
Yes. Thanks for explaining things. Just confused that they started appear in colonized systems.

About faction scavengers.
Its more about leaving indie scavengers alone but add some sort of similar exploring fleets for factions with their own exploring/scavenging fleet composition. Or just long range patrols so outer reach systems aren't that empty. Adding option for faction to build hidden bases (secret shipbuilding facilities/military/research stations etc) would be also nice.

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2019, 12:34:46 PM »

I still did not got Kadur Caliph Battleship (I have both Vayra sector and Kadur Remnant). I think i have version before 08-29, but it should be fixed beforer this version.

Sick Puppy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2019, 01:10:35 PM »

Does this mod work with Nexerelin? I'm assuming no? XD

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2019, 02:33:52 PM »

Does this mod work with Nexerelin? I'm assuming no? XD

Sure it does it actually should be a crime to only use on of em at time.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 37