Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: [0.97a] Adversary (v6.2.0)  (Read 122718 times)

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Adversary (v6.1.1)
« Reply #105 on: February 27, 2024, 07:26:52 PM »

A minor patch is now out, fixing two issues with the Adversary's Colony Crisis implementation, while also adding a new Silly MagicBounty. Save-compatible with v6.1.0, but not save-compatible with v6.0.0 or earlier.

v6.1.1
  • Added a new Silly MagicBounty
  • Fixed Adversary CC point contribution for size 7 or higher colonies (now +10 per size 7 or higher colony, from +1)
  • Made Adversary CC factor able to appear in main Colony Crisis intel in the middle of a game session
    - Was previously only added-in/checked-for upon loading a save with an existing CC intel, and could be temporarily removed if CC intel disappeared (via losing all colonies) and then reappeared within the same game session
    - Only applies if Adversary Dynamic Doctrine is enabled; else, the previous behavior still applies

Good Day Tranquility! Thank you for updating your Late Game Mod!  :)

I kinda wish Alex,David and Co Would atleast add new Late game enemies to fight in the future updates.

Even they don't continue the Galatia Main Storyline.

;D

Gris

• Commander
  • Good day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2024, 01:02:57 AM »

Good day Tranquility!
Is there a reward for defeating the Adversary Colony Crisis?  :-\
Can you atleast specify it?
Thank you.

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2024, 10:37:23 AM »

Good day Tranquility!
Thank you.

Yes, there is a reward for defeating their crisis:

Crisis reward
Currently, it is a substantial reputation boost with all vanilla factions, plus a permanent +2 stability for all player-controlled colonies.
[close]

Gris

• Commander
  • Good day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2024, 10:47:14 PM »

Okay Thank you for replying !  :D

Gris

• Commander
  • Good day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2024, 11:23:41 PM »

Good day Tranquility!
Thank you.

Yes, there is a reward for defeating their crisis:

Crisis reward
Currently, it is a substantial reputation boost with all vanilla factions, plus a permanent +2 stability for all player-controlled colonies.
[close]

Could you also atleast add a Colony Accessibility reward (Like 20% Accessibilty as a reward  like Kanta's Tribute Piracy Respite since the Persean League accessibility blockade is Nasty) since the Adversary are the Strongest Faction in the Persean Sector?   :-\

(Seriously that Faction is no joke its like fighting the Domain frontier in Pre-Collapse era since they mostly have all the blueprints and colony items and you only get a measly +2 Stability for that very brutal Colony crisis fight. And Add in a salt in the wound they Mostly Have Lvl 7 Officers in their Fleets.)

And Could you atleast change the Adversary soundtrack back to the Independent Neutral and Friendly And Also the Hostile one since they are the radicalized version of independents (I don't understand why the Adversary hate the independents too its just doesn't make sense) the Persean League soundtracks are kinda lame to them. Also change the Market Music Friendly and Neutral to independents too even the hostile.

Kinda Like the Luddic Path to Luddic Church. Don't Change the Sindria Fleet Hostile song hyperspace its already fitting to them.

(It would be kinda cool if the Adversary Faction had a hostile Independent remixed radicalized version of their encounter)

That is all and Thank you Have a Good day Tranquility.  :D
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 12:21:42 AM by Gris »

tovarichcookie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2024, 03:16:02 AM »

The game is crashing when it is (I think) generating the adversary colony crisis event. Currently am hard locked for that save, when it hits that day the game just crashes with this in starsector.log.

Any help to rescue the save would be much appreciated! I am using the latest version of your mod.

The first line about spawn got limited repeates about 50 times.

231257 [Thread-3] INFO  data.utility.logging.logging  - spawn got limited because the fleet size is 6
231263 [Thread-3] INFO  sound.O  - Cleaning up music with id [campaign_noncore_part1.ogg]
231265 [Thread-7] INFO  sound.O  - Cleaning up music with id [scavenge_music_v1.ogg]
231514 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at org.tranquility.adversary.AdversaryUtil$1.getScore(AdversaryUtil.java:46)
   at org.tranquility.adversary.AdversaryUtil$1.compare(AdversaryUtil.java:35)
   at org.tranquility.adversary.AdversaryUtil$1.compare(AdversaryUtil.java:33)
   at java.util.TreeMap.compare(TreeMap.java:1295)
   at java.util.TreeMap.put(TreeMap.java:538)
   at java.util.TreeSet.add(TreeSet.java:255)
   at org.tranquility.adversary.AdversaryUtil.getAdversaryMilitaryMarkets(AdversaryUtil.java:54)
   at org.tranquility.adversary.scripts.crisis.AdversaryHostileActivityFactor.pickSou rceMarket(AdversaryHostileActivityFactor.java:279)
   at org.tranquility.adversary.scripts.crisis.AdversaryHostileActivityFactor.getEven tFrequency(AdversaryHostileActivityFactor.java:190)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.events.HostileActivityEventIntel.rollR andomizedStage(HostileActivityEventIntel.java:929)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.events.BaseEventIntel.setProgress(BaseEventIntel.java:926)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.events.BaseEventIntel.reportEconomyTic k(BaseEventIntel.java:884)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.listeners.ListenerUtil.reportEconomyTick(ListenerUtil.java:119)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper.doEndOfStepStuff(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper.nextFrame(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Economy.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 03:29:38 AM by tovarichcookie »

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 04, 2024, 02:11:14 PM »

The game is crashing when it is (I think) generating the adversary colony crisis event. Currently am hard locked for that save, when it hits that day the game just crashes with this in starsector.log.

Any help to rescue the save would be much appreciated! I am using the latest version of your mod.

The first line about spawn got limited repeates about 50 times.

Hi, thank you for providing the log! It turns out that the code responsible for getting the Adversary's best High Command caused a crash if one of those HC's didn't have any AI cores installed. I just pushed out a fix that should hopefully address that issue, so let me know if that works!

For the rest of you all, this minor hotfix is now out, which should be save-compatible with either v6.1.1 or v6.1.0, although not with v6.0.0 or earlier.

v6.1.2
  • Minor fixes for the new MagicBounty
  • Fixed a crash that could occur if at least one of the Adversary's High Command industries did not have an installed AI core.

tovarichcookie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Adversary (v6.1.2)
« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2024, 05:31:38 PM »

It no longer crashes! Though, it spawned the persean league crisis instead of adversary. I hope to see yours sometime!

BrokenMirror

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 08, 2024, 09:54:24 PM »

What happens if I download this mid game? I've got Nexerelin so would they just spawn out in the outer regions?
Making the Sector better through excessive amounts of farms.

balordezul

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 09, 2024, 01:19:32 PM »

Tried this with all the harder .json setting and wow that is no joke.  Almost 70k needed to bomb a planet and fleets on fleets on fleets.  Would love a recommendation to set for a slightly harder version than the base mod vs setting them to full unbeatable boss.   

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 10, 2024, 10:04:40 AM »

What happens if I download this mid game? I've got Nexerelin so would they just spawn out in the outer regions?

The Adversary system won't initially spawn in if this mod is added to an existing game. However, because their system is, in fact, a custom system from Customizable Star Systems (hence, the current dependency on it), you can force their system to spawn mid-game by either using Console Commands and entering this command - spawncustomstarsystems adversary_optimal - or using LunaLib's LunaSnippets menu (which you can open by pressing F3 in-game) and running the "Spawn Custom Star Systems" snippet with the adversary_optimal option selected.

Tried this with all the harder .json setting and wow that is no joke.  Almost 70k needed to bomb a planet and fleets on fleets on fleets.  Would love a recommendation to set for a slightly harder version than the base mod vs setting them to full unbeatable boss.   

Ha ha, yeah, Paradiso system is definitely not intended to be balanced on any kind of scale, vanilla or modded. If you're just looking to make the Adversary's Optimal system just a little bit harder instead, right now, you can simply edit their system in customStarSystems.json and add additional planet conditions or industries to their planets.

On a related note, I do have, for a future update, a tentative plan to remove the Customizable Star Systems dependency for the Adversary mod and replace their default system with a similar, still-configurable-to-an-extent one that can change when certain mods - like Unknown Skies, Random Assortment of Things, or Industrial.Evolution - are installed (which, in effect, would make the Adversary system scale in difficulty, essentially). Of course, the original custom star system will still be in customStarSystems.json (naturally, it will be disabled by default) for those who prefer that option instead. Again, though, this is all pretty tentative and not set in stone, so I wouldn't expect this to come anytime soon (until perhaps the next Starsector update rolls around?).

cesuoking

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2024, 06:28:54 PM »

Hello, I wonder is there a way to turn off adversary raids in nexerelin? it's been non-stop since I build my first colony and around 50 days once, I can't leave the vicinity of my colony because of this and they seems to be scaled with my defense fleet strength to just surpass them a bit.

It's been REALLY frustrating, much appreciated if it can be turned off!

Levana

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2024, 08:00:51 PM »

As said by Tranquility, but I'd note that at least for me they started at neutral with every faction. It got worse quickly, though.

Tranquility

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Adversary (v6.2.0)
« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2024, 04:08:31 PM »

Update v6.2.0 is now out, mainly just adding a new Silly MagicBounty against a vanilla faction I haven't made a bounty for until now, and also minor adjustments to the Adversary's Colony Crisis to more closely match the vanilla faction crises. Should be save-compatible with v6.1.2.

v6.2.0
  • MagicBounty changes:
    - Added a new Silly MagicBounty
    - Adjusted bounty preview visibility for a few MagicBounties
    - Adjusted bounty rewards for some MagicBounties
    - Minor text changes
  • Slight adjustments to Adversary crisis:
    - Can no longer trigger another attack while an existing Adversary attack is already underway
    - More emphasis on system market presence when choosing a target system to attack
    - Reduced Independent reputation gain for defeating the Adversary crisis attack
  • Major code refactors

Hello, I wonder is there a way to turn off adversary raids in nexerelin? it's been non-stop since I build my first colony and around 50 days once, I can't leave the vicinity of my colony because of this and they seems to be scaled with my defense fleet strength to just surpass them a bit.

It's been REALLY frustrating, much appreciated if it can be turned off!

Unfortunately, I think this is really more of a Nexerelin issue than it is with my mod. As far as I am aware, there's no option in Nexerelin to freely disable specific factions from raiding. Thus, the only workaround to this is to just disable faction raids entirely via changing Nexerelin's settings.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 04:12:07 PM by Tranquility »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]