Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: pirates suddenly have high-tech ships for no reason  (Read 5449 times)

Punkinguy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
pirates suddenly have high-tech ships for no reason
« on: August 14, 2019, 05:34:06 PM »

I have not sold a blueprint to the pirates directly, but I have sold a lot of known blueprints on the black market, honestly losing has become more fun because my fleet is now nearly on the same level as the pirates, I also saw a bounty with a Atsral, is there any way to reverse this? I am on Cycle 221 and I'm not ready to give up the save

Edit:Pirates have gone back to MK.2 Atlas's and their low tech ships magically, How? I honestly don't know.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 04:58:58 AM by Punkinguy »
Doom-Class Cruisers are my Bloodtype

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: pirates suddenly have high-tech ships for no reason
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 05:41:11 PM »

If you sell a blueprint on the black market the pirates will eventually get it... Them being purveyors of the black market and all..

Anyway. Its done, and there is no going back. Buuut if you didn't also sell a bunch of good fighters you're probably OK to go take that Astral from them.

Punkinguy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 05:51:50 PM »

If you sell a blueprint on the black market the pirates will eventually get it... Them being purveyors of the black market and all..

Anyway. Its done, and there is no going back. Buuut if you didn't also sell a bunch of good fighters you're probably OK to go take that Astral from them.
this just sparked into my mind, do you think that the pirates did a successful raid on tri-tachyon? Either way many thanks for being the bearer of bad news
Doom-Class Cruisers are my Bloodtype

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
  • Digging through trash for a hydroflux catalyst
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 06:42:28 PM »

Pirates automatically and irreversibly learn blueprints you sell on the black market. In the future... don't unless you like a challenge.

Terenin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 06:54:05 PM »

Having all but erased all resistance in the sector from the helm of an Astral serving Tri-T in a massive carrier fleet, I can tell you this - bring the usual when planning to fight a carrier-focused enemy - better fighters, lots and better point defence. If you don't have a lot of fighters that help you achieve fighter supremacy (Wasps are relatively cheap and help do this easily if you make sure all carrier-able ships have half of their wings as such, or the converted ships all have wasps too) or just shove a wall of point-defence in the enemy's face. Have a look at the bounty fleet and just work from there. Try to not bring too many small ships that are easily overwhelmed and keep the fleet in tight formation to help overlap the PD grid as much as possible, then focus your fire. Astral is hardy, but still not a proper battleship, and will melt under sustained fire, especially if it's fighters never manage to do much but die the moment you get near.

Yes, I did change avatar and sig before I did anything else. I have not had the pleasure of being on a forum in years.

Whiskiz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2019, 05:08:55 AM »

Wait is pirates learning and utilizing ship designs from those sold on the black market an actual thing?

That's pretty awesome if so.

On one hand you have tariff free monies from the sales, on the other it teaches the pirates new tricks you'll then have to deal with.

Neat.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2019, 05:53:39 AM »

Pirates do not learn blueprints if they successfully raid a system.  They only learn blueprints if you sell them on the Black Market.  Only pirates learn new ships that way, so it is safe to sell blueprints at Open Markets elsewhere.

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2019, 09:05:21 AM »

One guy on reddit had a go at me for saying that, so I'll ask. If you sell 14th fleet blueprints to the luddic church, do they get better low tech ships?
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2019, 12:42:40 AM »

No, only pirates