Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How Do You Add a Custom Battlestation Type to Colonies?  (Read 1196 times)

sk4p3g04t

• Ensign
    • View Profile
How Do You Add a Custom Battlestation Type to Colonies?
« on: August 14, 2019, 04:19:17 AM »

I've been trying to play a game as a [REDACTED] splinter, and as such I've been trying to make their station be one of the orbital station options for my colonies. I'm extremely inexperienced when it comes to modding, but so far I have made it to the point where I can build something called [REDACTED] station in the industry screen without the game crashing. The issue is that nebula ship sprite is what appears representing the station in the overworld (placeholder maybe?) and nothing appears at all in combat. I have zero idea where I need to look to fix it.
Does anyone know how to add orbital station types to colonies, preferably the [REDACTED] one in particular?

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: How Do You Add a Custom Battlestation Type to Colonies?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 01:01:43 AM »

I have fiddled a bit myself, and made working stations, the only issue I have is that they appear as universal station build options (can't limit them).
You have to specify a variant of the station in the industry file for a station to appear in combat.

check out Steelclads and look at the VNS station for refference.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: How Do You Add a Custom Battlestation Type to Colonies?
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 04:46:13 AM »

Nebula is inserted when something tries to spawn a ship with an invalid variant ID, so check that first.