Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Using Fleet Tester  (Read 922 times)

isyourmojofly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Using Fleet Tester
« on: August 13, 2019, 09:17:56 AM »

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting Fleet Tester to work. I have created some variants and placed them in the Fleet Tester "variants" folder. I've added these variants to fleet1 and fleet0, but both fleets are empty when I start up the game.

Nothing happens if I "Reset" the fleets, and if I "Refit" then the game crashes.

Any help much appreciated.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
Re: Using Fleet Tester
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 09:37:15 AM »

If in the place of the mission text there is something along the lines of "[ship_variant_A] is missing" then you probably have an issue of variant ID, if nothing at all show up, then you probably made a mistake when editing the fleet files. Use notepad++ to prevent file corruption, make sure there isn't any loose space character anywhere and double check your commas.

isyourmojofly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 10:19:06 AM »

So there was some weirdness with how the .csv displayed in my editor, it wasn't clear precisely what data was required.

I've now got the right number of ships showing up in each fleet . . . but they're all Nebulas. My ships were an assortment of hulls. Is this a default hull? It looks like it knows how many ships it should deploy, but not which ones.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 10:56:57 AM »

That means there is an error in your variant file and the ship is replaced by a default Nebula.

isyourmojofly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 12:52:40 PM »

Thanks for your help so far. I can now get my brawler variant to load correctly, but other variants do not.

I don't think it's a problem with the variant file. If I copy the same variant file but give it a different name (and add this name to the fleet sheet) it will not show up. This happens with core variants, too - they work fine and will load correctly, but if I change their name they will not load.

EDIT - I needed to change the Variant ID tags within the variant files. Sorted now :) What was making things difficult is that I didn't realise changes made to the variants needed me to reload the game to take effect. I did fix the variant tags, but I didn't reload the game.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 02:19:06 PM by isyourmojofly »