Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CR, supplies and kiting  (Read 1109 times)

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile
CR, supplies and kiting
« on: August 22, 2019, 12:36:17 PM »

Is the issue of the AI meta game griefing players by milking CR with 2 minutes of kiting at the end of a fight big fights being addressed?

If the enemy can't win they should be retreating and not doing this.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: CR, supplies and kiting
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 12:43:02 PM »

Are you seeing this happen in a fight vs enemies that actually can retreat (i.e. normal faction fleets, not remnants or derelicts)? If so: about how long was the fight? The AI should in fact retreat when it gets to that kind of position, but I could see it happening say if it had a reasonable number of frigates left, or if the fight up to that point was extremely quick. It's really hard to say without seeing a specific battle.

(In the meantime, carriers help take care of this, btw. Or just faster ships.)

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 01:01:07 PM »

Are you seeing this happen in a fight vs enemies that actually can retreat (i.e. normal faction fleets, not remnants or derelicts)? If so: about how long was the fight? The AI should in fact retreat when it gets to that kind of position, but I could see it happening say if it had a reasonable number of frigates left, or if the fight up to that point was extremely quick. It's really hard to say without seeing a specific battle.

(In the meantime, carriers help take care of this, btw. Or just faster ships.)

Bounty fights, Pirates.

I usually have more fast ships but my fleet is a flying wreck after a number of bad fights. It's happened the last few battles (I've seen it many times before however) but it occurred to me I should ask. I'm aware Redacted won't retreat, unless you let your second in command lead in which case they can sometimes retreat from the auto battle (Is that a bug?).

I had a long battle with pirates massive fleets both sides and a wolf (the only ship left on their side) kited me the length of the map 3 times (following the edge) till a lucky missile disabled his engines. The bounty I just did had a similar case with a Kite shuttle, they lost the first battle and this was the follow up.

Might just be bad luck.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 01:03:09 PM »

Thank you for bringing it up, I'll check into it.

(Yeah, bit of a bug as far as the remnants auto-resolve...)