Starsector > General Discussion

Missions Proximity

(1/6) > >>

StormingKiwi:
New player here and Oh my gosh this game!

I have an issue, that all the missions spawn too far away from me to be truly useful... There are no missions in the core worlds, they're all scattered all over the outer rim, and I just had to abandon a game because I ran out of supplies whilst exploring.

Flying Birdy:
The profitable missions (bounties, scanning, surveying) are all located in the middle of nowhere because otherwise, they will be too profitable.  Try to minimize your supply consumption and plan out your exploration trips. If you are going to go surveying, don't bring like 3 pristine condition cruisers. Instead, only bring the absolute bare minimum for defensive purposes and everything else should be really damaged cargo ships with low upkeep or ships with surveying hullmods built-in.

goduranus:
Maybe the tutorial or some sort of bar dialogues should remind the player to take smaller and fuel efficient ships on exploration missions. This seems to be a hurdle that alot of new players face, running out of supplies or fuel in the outer regions and then starving to death :-\

StormingKiwi:
I'm not talking about profitable missions, I'm talking about any missions at all. I'm used to games like Freelancer where the core game loop is set up early and set up well, even though those missions are low reward and low risk. There are no low risk missions, there are no missions at all. For a new player, it's a bit too much of a sandbox.

outdated:

--- Quote from: StormingKiwi on August 11, 2019, 04:13:37 AM ---I'm not talking about profitable missions, I'm talking about any missions at all. I'm used to games like Freelancer where the core game loop is set up early and set up well, even though those missions are low reward and low risk. There are no low risk missions, there are no missions at all. For a new player, it's a bit too much of a sandbox.

--- End quote ---

There's a bunch of exploration missions, those are all really easy, all you need is enough supplies to get to the objective and back. Then there are supply contracts, those are easy as well, but require some investment into a freighter and acquiring supplies. Then there are cargo haul missions, you can pick them up when visiting a bar, they are like supply contracts but you don't need to buy supplies yourself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version