Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AI Behaving weirdly on jump points  (Read 447 times)

MeatyBoii

• Ensign
    • View Profile
AI Behaving weirdly on jump points
« on: August 11, 2019, 01:45:28 AM »

I've run into a small problem in my system.

I own a system with three jump points, one of them extremely close to the star, and two outside of the outer ice belt. One of colonies is close to the star. The AI that trades with this planet (Jita) tries to fly through the jump point that's close to the sun. Unfortunately, problem is - they cannot jump through. I think it's the way they are moving. I tried it myself, just setting a waypoint on the jump point, and my fleet wasn't able to jump either. For it to be fixed, takes to leave the system for at least 10 days, which doesn't always help. Would it be possible to force AI to use other jump points, if those are unsafe? Or maybe put them somewhere else in the system, so AI doesn't break?

I don't know if it's much of an issue for my colony. I still get nice influx of cash. Problem is, there's at least ten fleets trying to jump, and I think it destabilizes trade in a long shot, eventually starving destination and origin markest.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: AI Behaving weirdly on jump points
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 08:29:14 AM »

Thank you for the report! Came up a bit back; I've got a note on the TODO list to take a look.

The good news is this isn't affecting your colony or the other markets, since those fleets aren't actually being destroyed. If they were destroyed by pirates, say, that'd be another story.