Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: So Trade rework still in progress?  (Read 725 times)

mangalore

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
So Trade rework still in progress?
« on: August 11, 2019, 05:11:51 AM »

Hey, sorry yes, that question.

I come back to the game after a year or so and it seems a lot of it is reworked, particularly intel/missions. What I was wondering is where the trade missions went, they seem very sparse and not very balanced (aka I am in luck encountering one or two missions and most are by pirate bases wanting illegal goods).

While trade was always an issue I felt the last iteration with trade missions had about the most interesting gameplay loop if you wanted to go trader for a while as you had to figure out where to find the goods demanded and see how to deliver everything on time. At least a major step up to before where the only profitable trade was food shortages.

The current state seems a major step back compared to the state last year. I also find the intel screen far less informative in gaining an overview of missions and trade opportunities.

It seems a tad strange because trade may be just a secondary gameplay loop to combat, but it is certainly more involving than surveying/exploration pretty empty space as you are at least in the region where most combat happens. Arguably I also dislike how all bounties are now miles away and you waste tons of time trekking from and to the targets. Only upside of that is that it makes faction warfare far more interesting because it is at least in the region where the fun is.