Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: How do I make new structures produce commodities?  (Read 1801 times)

ARandomGuy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
How do I make new structures produce commodities?
« on: August 10, 2019, 05:31:48 PM »

Today I decided to make a mod that rebalances colonies and adds more structures and industries, and no matter what I do I can't make the industries produce any commodities. For example an upgrade to the farming industry I made, no matter how much stuff I change around, doesn't produce any food whatsoever. Also how can I change the accessibility bonus from a starport?

ARandomGuy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: How do I make new structures produce commodities?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 05:50:33 AM »

I forgot to say but I also have a problem with using commas in the industries file, I do not know how many I have to use between words/numbers, and the amount needed seems to vary, and if I don't put in the exact amount needed the game just crashes while loading. So I have to change the amount of commas randomly hoping that I'll find the proper combination so that the game won't crash.

outdated

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 06:38:43 AM »

I forgot to say but I also have a problem with using commas in the industries file, I do not know how many I have to use between words/numbers, and the amount needed seems to vary, and if I don't put in the exact amount needed the game just crashes while loading. So I have to change the amount of commas randomly hoping that I'll find the proper combination so that the game won't crash.

CSV stands for comma-separated values. It's a table, essentially, so every line has to have the same number of columns.

ARandomGuy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 05:26:56 PM »

CSV stands for comma-separated values. It's a table, essentially, so every line has to have the same number of columns.
[/quote]
Ah, right, thanks mate. Do you happen to know anything about my problem with the industries I modded in not producing any commodities?

ARandomGuy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 05:57:23 PM »

Here is the download of my industry file: https://mega.nz/#!nvxGVSrb!bb7azAzaZKwE2RunwLctB139hbbkYryJF0obHWc9I4Y
So far all I've done is copy-paste the mining and farming parts and change their upkeep, build time etc.

JDCollie

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2019, 06:30:48 PM »

The Fringe Defense Syndicate mod (http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=12243.0) successfully adds an new industry and some commodities to the market.

The Hazard Mining Incorporated mod (http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=13236.0) also adds some new commodities. Not sure if it adds associated structures that produces them.

Maybe checking out how they did it will give you a leg up? (also, I'm pretty sure you can't add a commodity or change what an industry produces without a plugin. Or at least that's what the .csv file seems to reference.) Might want to ask around on the discord if you're still stumped.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 06:37:00 PM by JDCollie »