Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Safety Override - what if it's a special ability instead of hull mod  (Read 1248 times)

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile

In the game Earth Defense Force Iron Rain, players have the option of activating overdrive to gain unlimited energy and increased damage for a limited time, this sounds similar to Safety Override.

So, what if Safety Override is a special ability that can be activated? Like if it's built into every ship, or as a cheaper hullmod, and can be used only once per battle. This would make battles against otherwise ordinary opponents much more interesting, you'd never know if that lowly Venture is going to kick into overdrive and suddenly become a powerhouse.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Safety Override - what if it's a special ability instead of hull mod
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 03:35:36 PM »

Would be a huge nerf to player and his fleet. I mean we routinely kill numerically superior opponents, which would only become so much more difficult if every of them engaged it's SO effect when stressed enough.

Seems very cheesy. At least Sabots or SO as it is now costs a lot at design time, while this would be literal "nope, I will waste more of your CR time" out of nowhere.

ThePollie

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 11:25:48 AM »

SO is already a *** and overpowered mod that is a hard-counter to fun. What *** moron wakes up and says we ought to just add it to every ship everywhere?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 11:49:24 AM »

That's really uncalled for - please consider this an official warning and try to refrain from personal attacks in the future.

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 05:05:56 PM »

Massive pirate fleets with SO already not fun to fight. If every ship will get it... Lets just say it is boon only for AI fleet because their ships live exactly in SO time frame most of the time.

ThePollie

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2019, 08:33:58 PM »

That's really uncalled for - please consider this an official warning and try to refrain from personal attacks in the future.

I consider him wanting *** slapped on every ship a personal attack. Does he get a warning or do you just fry for a moment trying to figure out how to assert more sterile PC safe-space on this idea? Tune in next time and find out.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2019, 12:45:11 AM »

I consider him wanting *** slapped on every ship a personal attack. Does he get a warning or do you just fry for a moment trying to figure out how to assert more sterile PC safe-space on this idea? Tune in next time and find out.
Dude just calm down, it was only a suggestion. Even I have issues sometimes and get out of line but this is just alarming. You can't really get the tone with text so try to use different words. Although in your defense there wasn't a personal attack, at least not a direct one, you were just rude.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2019, 03:46:18 AM »

Smart move.