Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ability to build Stations/Bases and expand Faction features  (Read 601 times)

Tetho

• Ensign
  • Teitoku-sama
    • View Profile
Ability to build Stations/Bases and expand Faction features
« on: August 10, 2019, 04:31:40 AM »

As the title said, I think it would be cool if we have the ability to build Station/Bases on other systems out in the Sector just like Pirate Bases and other factions do (mods included) wherein they/we could use it as a staging point for invasion, base attack, raidings, etc and could double as our fuel station when we are out in the outer sector of the Core Worlds. Also, expanding the Faction features in the game would be great as it gives us other avenues into what we can do with our budding Faction at the start, send out diplomats to other Factions to increase relations, etc.(There's a mod that already does this, would be great if you could use it?)

If you guys have anything to add feel free to do so! I don't know if this is already planned or not if it is then great.

Noviastar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Ability to build Stations/Bases and expand Faction features
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 01:52:59 AM »

I like this idea as well.  It kinda makes no sense to have a colony on a Gas giant.  But a mining station as a option in the "establish a colony" selsction. 

The station acts as only 1 industry and population never really goes up.  The station not needing spaceport, but needing all basics imported. 

The benefit is no upkeep penalty.  things like hot, storms, cold, heavy gravity, volcanic stuff, exc.  don't effect the mining station. 

IF you want population to expand you need to upgrade the station size kinda like normal could add say a refinery module to a gas mining operation. 

If there are ruins on planet you get the option of a research station. 

but cool stuff like mirrors to negate the "cold" penalty.  Or solar shades to negate the "hot" penalty would be nice.  You see a lot of this stuff around would be nice to build some of it.