Other > Discussions

These pirate raids and untouchable pirate raiding party is ridiculous

(1/2) > >>

Punisher30:
I got raided and right after the raid, another raid was on its way and then another and another. Not to mention, their fleet is massive and untouchable. I watched one of there fleet raid other factions systems and had the other faction ships run away. I seen one faction engage one of these massive pirate fleet that was attacking their station. The station and the faction fleet was wipe out. This needs to be rebalance. No way should a pirate raiding party have an end game fleet, meaning something that a player nor other factions cant defeat. So it seems like colony building is a waste. No other faction can stop the pirates raiding party.

Thaago:
I'm really surprised at all these reports and pictures of massive pirate fleets... I barely ever see them in my games. The last set of raiding fleets against one of my colonies didn't even have capitals. There must be some behind the scenes factors that determine pirate size that inadvertently I'm causing to go down.

That said, decent mid game fleets should be able to crush multi-capital pirate fleets. The fact that a faction fleet + station were wiped out is indicative of the game's auto-resolve needing a bit of fine adjustment: even a tier 1 station is nearly immune to pirates in actual play if it has a few destroyers supporting it.

Alex:
Hmm - I wonder if it's an issue with the version of the game. IIRC these were toned down some in 0.9.1a, so if one were to be using 0.9a for some reason...

Histidine:
I think the issue also arises if an existing high-level pirate base decides to target a young player colony, resulting in very strong raids that are likely beyond the player's ability to deal with.

Thaago:
Oh! Right I'm usually pretty aggressive about killing pirate bases for money... I'm probably doing a good job stopping them from ever getting large as a side effect of the bounty hunting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version