Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Pls help  (Read 843 times)

Digganob

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Pls help
« on: August 10, 2019, 04:57:08 PM »

I've made it to the point where I have a couple of colonies a few times so far, and only in iron mode. However, every time I do, eventually, these colonies' exports stop making income, seemingly inexplicably. The only things that maybe give a clue is that pirate attacks start happening around the same time, and that on the global market info screen thingy it says that if you're making no income, it may be because it's underground, which would make no sense considering it's regular goods like ore or volatiles. Something anyone answering might want to keep in mind is that I've stopped having free ports, because of the constant merciless attacks on my colonies by the hegemony and the church. But yeah, pirate attacks still happen, and, as I said, around the same time, but I couldn't find any connections between them and the loss of income.

phampanvn1998

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Pls help
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 05:11:54 PM »

Your colonies have physical logistic lines with actual trade ships carrying actual trade goodies. If those ships don't get where they supposed to go, for example they getting ambushed by pirates on the way, they won't make money. Go to the bar in the colonies that affected by pirates attacks, there is always a spacer there that can tell you where the pirate base is. Then proceed to the pirate base and squash them.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 05:13:05 PM »

If you click 'e' '1' for intel, are there many items under the 'colony threats' tab? You can then click on them to see what impact they are having on stability and accessibility. If these stats drop too low, you'll stop making money.

Digganob

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2019, 07:21:47 PM »

Your colonies have physical logistic lines with actual trade ships carrying actual trade goodies. If those ships don't get where they supposed to go, for example they getting ambushed by pirates on the way, they won't make money. Go to the bar in the colonies that affected by pirates attacks, there is always a spacer there that can tell you where the pirate base is. Then proceed to the pirate base and squash them.

Thanks, I'll try to do that next time then.