Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: More End Game? Please? :3  (Read 2568 times)

Pentakill

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
More End Game? Please? :3
« on: March 11, 2012, 08:13:43 PM »

I understand that the Devs don't want extra ships that don't fulfill any roll in a new or special way so as to avoid cluttering up the clean looking fleet they have but playing this game at least an hour every night for weeks i've come to be bored of the variety. Tri is just so strong if you want a solid fleet you almost have to use them and i've tried countless builds on every ship just to get more fun out of it but after a few hundred or a few thousand battles with NPC's the game starts to get boring. I'm sure once the actual campaign comes out there will be much more to do but in the end I feel like unless there are new map types, new ships, or drastically new mounts (shield projecting, repairing, wall making, tractor beams, ect.) the game won't have any lasting playability. I guess what i'm trying to say is, the end-game gets reallllly boring. And sure someone could argue that in the campaign you can try to rule the galaxy and become a giant busyness tycoon but in the end, flying a ship with $1 or $100,000,000,000 is still just flying the same ship. :P
Thoughts? Comments? Am I just being a grumpy greedy turd?
(TL:DR more stuff please)

powerbonger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: More End Game? Please? :3
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 08:20:18 PM »

More ships and more stuff to do in the campaign are always nice, yes  ;D  I'm sure this isn't the solution you wanted, but for now have you tried out any of the mods? The mishmash adds quite a fair bit of new ships.

Pentakill

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 08:24:34 PM »

More ships and more stuff to do in the campaign are always nice, yes  ;D  I'm sure this isn't the solution you wanted, but for now have you tried out any of the mods? The mishmash adds quite a fair bit of new ships.

I have tried all of the possible mods that have come out to my knowledge and love most of them :) My only wish is to see the myriad of lovely ships put into the game on a more permanent scale haha ;D

powerbonger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 08:34:36 PM »

Looks like you're in for the waiting game in the meantime, then  ;D

Unrelated: you know what will ultimately quench your thirst for tons o' ships? Ship customization ala Galactic Civilizations II. :D :D Not possible with this game, but we can dream.

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 09:16:56 PM »

I suggested ideas.  Larger overarching war which you can participate in to lead one faction to victory.  Explorable elements such as special ships and upgrades.  A leveling system for your flagship itself, rather than being a random ship your flagship is directly influenced by your captain's level.

Avan

• Admiral
  • Pioneer of Starfarer Modding
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 10:01:15 PM »

You will be able to reshape the sector. Even conquer the whole thing (or plunge it into anarchy, or enable one faction to dominate, etc.)

There is also the "mystery" "faction" related to infernium... ;) They will likely be significant in late game I speculate (but that's merely fan speculation)