Starsector > General Discussion

Colonies Cause World Wars

(1/4) > >>

StarScum:
...Or rather galactic wars.

The game says swatting down expedition fleets won't hurt your standing with the faction that sent it, but it actually does. I suppose technically attacking the expedition itself doesn't cause an opinion malus, but defeating it causes the expedition to fail which then leads to a drop in opinion, so its the same thing at the end of the day.

It seems inevitable when you set up your first colony that you will be at war with literally everyone because they all send fleets to *** with you. This will eventually make the core worlds all but off limits, and there is no possibility for forging a lasting peace unless you grind reputation constantly. You'd think you could get some sort of agreement going after you've bloodies their noses a few times, but nope.

I can understand the Hegemony wanting to squash you as they claim the entire sector, but even they don't constantly fight the other factions.

I know its asked for a lot, but the devs really need to make a way for you to make peace if they want to fix the endgame being Galactic Babysitting Simulation 2018. Oh, and a way to organize autonomous strike groups to take out Pirates and Pather bases. That's another major annoyance.

Megas:
Combat does not reduce reputation, but what will reduce rep is if their expedition fails.  If their expedition succeeds (which you do not want to happen since it hurts you), then no rep is lost.

--- Quote ---I know its asked for a lot, but the devs really need to make a way for you to make peace if they want to fix the endgame being Galactic Babysitting Simulation 2018. Oh, and a way to organize autonomous strike groups to take out Pirates and Pather bases. That's another major annoyance.
Powered by SMF 2
--- End quote ---
Once player builds a colony, it is babysitting simulator, and I do not like it either.  I am tempted to let core worlds die for no more expeditions from major factions and inspections from big H.

StarScum:

--- Quote from: Megas on August 07, 2019, 06:02:11 PM ---Combat does not reduce reputation, but what will reduce rep is if their expedition fails.  If their expedition succeeds (which you do not want to happen since it hurts you), then no rep is lost.

--- End quote ---

I know and its ***. I don't know why they bother to tell us we won't lose reputation for fighting the expedition when you effectively do. I was very confused and frustrated when I got an opinion hit and then even more so when I found out why I was getting it.

Midnight Kitsune:

--- Quote from: StarScum on August 08, 2019, 12:08:08 AM ---
--- Quote from: Megas on August 07, 2019, 06:02:11 PM ---Combat does not reduce reputation, but what will reduce rep is if their expedition fails.  If their expedition succeeds (which you do not want to happen since it hurts you), then no rep is lost.

--- End quote ---
I know and its ***. I don't know why they bother to tell us we won't lose reputation for fighting the expedition when you effectively do. I was very confused and frustrated when I got an opinion hit and then even more so when I found out why I was getting it.

--- End quote ---
It didn't originally in .9 . Instead you lost 5 rep per FLEET you fought, which lead to people just letting their AI fleets take care of it as it was the most optimal

Nimiety:
I thought it was very funny that the I took a 'failed expedition' relationship hit with the Hegemony for abandoning a colony on that pirate moon in Corvus before the Saturated Bombardment fleet got there. 'How dare you pay 100,000 to evacuate those civilians we were going to holocaust!'

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version