Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Easy to Get Blueprints/Loots Ruin the Fun Early Game  (Read 3329 times)

sqrt(-1)

• Commander
    • View Profile
Easy to Get Blueprints/Loots Ruin the Fun Early Game
« on: August 07, 2019, 09:49:23 AM »

I am glad about the very recent success Alex.

What I had to observe again when guiding some newbie streamers:

All you need to do is to browse for faction-free planets in the core systems which have ruins and you earn millions via blueprints, AI cores and Nanoforges within just a few days (gametime).

• I feel like that valuable blueprints should only be obtainable via attacking factions which use those ships.
  • Nanoforges and Synchronon Cores should be huge objects which need to be moved like ships, attracting pirate raids and causing factions to attack you.

The early game struggle is what makes this game great, so its sad to see when this is easily ruined by some very early progress to the "endgame".

« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 09:53:56 AM by sqrt(-1) »

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Easy to Get Blueprints/Loots Ruin the Fun Early Game
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 09:53:47 AM »

But you can't do anything with those in early game? Sure you might get lucky and immediately find a capital ship blueprint, but it doesn't matter since you can't build it before the colony stage.
Please don't take me too seriously.

sqrt(-1)

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 09:54:36 AM »

The problem is t hat single blueprints can be sold for many hundred thousand credits.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 09:56:34 AM »

Just from a 'realism' perspective, I'd expect known planets with ruins would have been picked over already.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 10:00:38 AM »

Raid New Maxios or some other low defense planet with Heavy Industry.  This is a reason why raiding is profitable early in the game, if you want to sell blueprints.

I disagree early loot ruins fun.  (I think it is very fun.)  Accelerating to endgame faster is good.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 10:39:30 AM »

I wish there were more ways to get blueprints/tech/ships from factions you are allied/friendly with. Currently if I want tech from a faction I am not commissioned with, I have to attack them, and if I want blueprints, I have to attack even if I am commissioned. I wish there were more peaceful options. TAKE MY MONEY TRITACHYON CORPORATION.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2019, 11:51:12 AM »

Hmm. Is this more of an issue with the randomly-generated worlds or preset ones? In any case, yeah, I should probably set the ruins in core to "explored". Thank you for bringing it up!

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2019, 12:16:55 PM »

It's more of an issue with the randomly-generated planets in inhabited core systems - at least, the only preset planet I can think of that has ruins is Maxios.  (Though, okay, several mods add a few more.)
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2019, 12:18:54 PM »

Thank you - that's the only one I can think of as well, but was afraid I was just forgetting about something obvious :)

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
  • Digging through trash for a hydroflux catalyst
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2019, 12:28:26 PM »

There's also Hanan Pacha and Killa, and I think one planet in Corvus but that could just be randomly-generated

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2019, 01:04:07 AM »

Also Crom Cruach in Hybrasil is preset.
I think those 4 mentioned are the only ones though. The rest are randoms.

I disagree early loot ruins fun.  (I think it is very fun.)  Accelerating to endgame faster is good.
In disagreement with your disagreement; the endgame is the least interesting part of the game for me. And anything that hastens its onset is something I want to avoid as long as possible.
Endlessly rolling over any and all opposition with zero effort is not exactly engaging imo.

I'd really like to see a 'lootmap' of sorts for ruins and derelicts, with a concentration of almost (if not actually) zero in the core, and progressively increasing as you get to the edges. So most of the really good stuff is buried in a morass of tedious storms out of the player's reach. Until they grow enough to travel that far.
They'd possibly be a couple of outliers here and there, closer in. Just for variety (RNG permitting).

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2019, 05:53:19 AM »

@ Serenitis: This is something we will not agree on.  My favorite part of the game is the endgame power trip.  Dominating the enemy with overwhelming power is the best part.  On the other hand, early game is my least favorite part of the game and I want to get out of that grind as quickly as possible.