Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can you set up secondary fleets under your command?  (Read 6455 times)

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
Can you set up secondary fleets under your command?
« on: August 06, 2019, 03:07:26 PM »

Is there a way (be it vanilla or through mod) to create new fleets controlled by an Officer or something and follow your orders? Like creating a merchant fleet and ordering them to buy/sell in a specific route, or creating a mining/salvage fleet that automatically mines a sector for you?

I only know that you can create patrols after you make a colony, but are those military only?
Check out my ships

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Can you set up secondary fleets under your command?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 09:24:16 PM »

Nexerelin allows you to order base strike or invasion fleets, but they don't follow you, only go to the target you designed and fight it.

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 10:13:18 AM »

Nexerelin allows you to order base strike or invasion fleets, but they don't follow you, only go to the target you designed and fight it.
Too bad, i really like to make autonomous merchant fleets in space games (like X3), but the game is still really great without it
Check out my ships

Skharr

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 06:12:46 PM »

I still hope for that kind of feature. It will be nice to make a "Colony Guard" fleet with your own ships. They can babysit and i will explore and do stuff.
Hate it to have 5 cruisers in the garage and dont use them in the main fleet, because dont need to.

I hope Alex will add that kind of feature, so we can use our garage & money on secure and conquest fleets  ;)
Will be a neat mid/end game thing.

Demonocolips

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2019, 07:16:37 AM »

well he does have a slot for orders in the command tab so it can be presumed that you will be able to set orders for something.

Whiskiz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 03:50:38 AM »

I still hope for that kind of feature. It will be nice to make a "Colony Guard" fleet with your own ships. They can babysit and i will explore and do stuff.
Hate it to have 5 cruisers in the garage and dont use them in the main fleet, because dont need to.

I hope Alex will add that kind of feature, so we can use our garage & money on secure and conquest fleets  ;)
Will be a neat mid/end game thing.

There already is an AI Colony Guarding feature with your own ships (the make-up being pretty customizable) and even guarding the star system and maybe a bit around the outside of it - Build a Patrol HQ or 3 :D