Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Is there a mod/setting that allows for more planet administators?  (Read 16933 times)

Kayo

• Ensign
    • View Profile

That instability is really messin' my stuff up. I spent a good amount of time going through the settings to see if I could find one to increase my max amount of planet admins I could hire, couldn't find nothin'.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a mod/setting that allows for more planet administators?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 03:34:40 AM »

You can manage more planets personally and be able to hire more administrators if you invest into colony management skill, or you can use alpha cores which don't count for administrator limit. If you want to edit files, check out starsector-core/data/config/settings.json. There's also Nexerelin mod which gives you a bit more administrators, when you get mamy enough colonies or when they grow.

Kayo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 04:30:53 AM »

You can manage more planets personally and be able to hire more administrators if you invest into colony management skill, or you can use alpha cores which don't count for administrator limit. If you want to edit files, check out starsector-core/data/config/settings.json. There's also Nexerelin mod which gives you a bit more administrators, when you get mamy enough colonies or when they grow.

I can use alpha cores? That's news to me! Hell yeah!

Also, the settings I was referring to was the settings.json ;)

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 01:08:10 PM »

settings.json
line 205: "baseMaxAdmins"

Kayo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 01:21:32 PM »

settings.json
line 205: "baseMaxAdmins"

Ah, I've changed that one before and it didn't work, so I figured it was affecting something else. I've just realized, though, that Nexerelin was probably to blame for that. Good stuff to know!

woodennature

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 02:56:31 AM »

Just want to add on that for Mac users (if any), the file is here:
Code
Contents/Resources/Java/data/config/settings.json

SYDWAD

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2019, 11:15:47 PM »

Increasing the max admins is neat but is it the amount you can hire at the start or can you modify the skills so you can get more through upgrades?

And what i would want more is being able to modify admins so each administrator can handle two or more colonies at a time like you can as the player, would just seem more logically consistent.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 12:34:50 AM by SYDWAD »