Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Mouse Cursor To Crosshair In Battle  (Read 908 times)

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
Mouse Cursor To Crosshair In Battle
« on: August 05, 2019, 09:07:31 AM »

So, I've been watching a few recordings and a few videos and I can't help but notice over the ages that I've played Starsector how out-of-touch it feels when I notice the cursor isn't a crosshair (of course when i'm playing it doesn't occur to me).

So I had an idea. Alas, just an idea, but one that could work for long-term?

When you go into a battle, fleet-wise, while playing the game and controlling the ship yourself, the mouse cursor turns into a crosshair, so it adds to the feel that you are indeed controlling the guns and their direction, with a bit more precision. Likely instead of looking at a mouse cursor's tip, as it feels currently. An option to enable the classic mouse cursor would also be a good thing so people can play with the cursor instead of a crosshair if they don't feel bothered about the cursor being the crosshair.

I never thought about it until a few minutes ago.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse Cursor To Crosshair In Battle
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 12:49:02 PM »

Agreed 1000%, although the design of said crosshair would be tricky; the mouse-pointer isn't bad and it's general-purpose;a  crosshair that dealt with dynamics would be very nice, though.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack