Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Sseth Tide  (Read 22154 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Sseth Tide
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2019, 12:06:08 PM »

Will forum servers be upgraded, or are you just going to wait this one out, Alex? I think the latter is going to be better, if this activity eventually settles down.

The recent downtime, except for the first day or two, is not due to legit traffic - there's certainly a lot of that, but there's also what at this point appears to be either brute-force attempts at forcing server logins/looking for vulnerabilities or intermittent ddos attacks or something of that nature. I'm looking at options!

Cant beleive i'm joining a bandwagon... So far i've read more than actually played, someone put real effort into the rpg part. I like the semi rugged, saturated looks of portraits, ship, weapons, most of the ui. I really hope that the preorders make enough money to get the game fully polished and released soon.

Thank you! Yeah, doing well as far as that. Well, I don't know about the "soon" - more money doesn't make it faster, it just makes it possible.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2019, 05:33:40 PM »

Thank you, I hope you enjoy it!

I'm seriously just... I guess floored is probably the right word, too - by the outpouring of support.

Stelar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2019, 06:30:05 PM »

I remember playing this game years ago. The core game mechanics where brilliant but there was a lack of "content". I saw Seth's video a few days ago and couldn't believe it was the same game. I just love how much thought has been put into it. Truly appreciate the dev team for pulling this off  ;D ;D ;D

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2019, 06:32:58 PM »

;D

ace19E8

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2019, 08:11:04 PM »

Frankly I'm just mad I didn't know about this game sooner.

Reiberdatschi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2019, 02:17:24 PM »

came her from sseth . used his key for tryouts, gonna buy it as soon as i get my next salary . or if an update rolls around. sadly endgame has much too improve but i see the devs are very active it seems

Munashe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2019, 03:22:29 PM »

You used to be limited to just the Corvus system.

MaGicBush

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2019, 04:27:46 PM »

I found this game from Steam on the X4 forums actually, but then I read about this guys review and watched it and it sold me on buying it just now :D. I wanted to wait for a Steam release, and I can't remember the last game I bought that was not on Steam(probably WoW). I rarely buy things not on Steam PC related, but I caved in here and glad I did. You know your making a great game to get me to buy it lol. Hopefully we can get a key when it comes out on Steam eventually(if it does).
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 04:31:44 PM by MaGicBush »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2019, 04:33:37 PM »

(And before that, it was just missions from the main menu, and with no refitting.)

I found this game from Steam on the X4 forums actually, but then I read about this guys review and watched it and it sold me on buying it just now :D. I wanted to wait for a Steam release, and I can't remember the last game I bought that was not on Steam(probably WoW). I rarely buy things not on Steam PC related, but I caved in here and glad I did. You know your making a great game to get me to buy it lol. Hopefully we can get a key when it comes out on Steam eventually(if it does).

Hah! Thank you :) (Yeah, if/when/etc; things have to line up, so I can't make any real promises on that account.)

Merkurial

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2019, 10:06:58 AM »

Same kind of fun as when I'm playing titles from my GOG library, which is to say this is absolutely fantastic. It's mental that I haven't come accross the fantastic gem of a game before (esp considering how long it's been around). Thank you Alex & Community for keeping this alive and going. Ok that's enough of a break, time for some more space jihad.

PS
I promise I'll buy this when I get paid :P

SKKiro

• Ensign
  • Remember 15/08/2018 always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2019, 04:19:27 PM »

I got to know about this game via a friend who talked about it to me ages ago. Back then (around 2014) the game looked way less inviting so I refrained from trying it.

I actually completely forgot about the game until Sseth video became really popular. I'm glad I got to play this game way later because of him.

Agile

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2019, 04:20:47 PM »

This is basically what Star Citizen hopes to be, but done right.

Simple but well done.

More plausible end game content and more easing into control schemes (outside of tutorials) and this would be ready to be a AAA+ game on Steam or GOG. Its already Factorio good, it just wouldn't sit well in those markets as a "unfinished product" label since consumers in those markets expect weekly, monthly at most updates, instead of yearly like Starsector is.

BlazingScribe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2019, 07:07:53 PM »

This game looks truly promising, and I have enjoyed both it and its passionate community thus far.

BuckStrider

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2019, 03:42:28 AM »

SC was one of the biggest financial mistakes I've made in gaming. Luckily, I only dropped the lowest amount possible for a key -- $35 -- but all I got was a half-finished game that will likely never see the light of day.

LOL! You said 'half-finished'....So adorable!

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2019, 04:15:03 AM »

Good ol times when you had Hegemony, pirates, neutrals and Tachyon in one small place, eh?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4