Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Battle Not Ending  (Read 3799 times)

ModeWondershot

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Battle Not Ending
« on: July 19, 2019, 01:30:25 PM »

Ran into an unusual issue where a battle did not end upon all enemy ships retreating (to my knowledge).

I'm running a mod collection including Scy Nation, and in a fight including an enemy Keto siege carrier, I think I managed to destroy it at the exact same time as it retreated from the battlefield, the notifications of the ship being destroyed and retreating happened simultaneously. After destroying all other ships on the field, I looked for any other enemy ships but found nothing, and there was no indication that the enemy ships were in retreat and I could not finish the battle without ordering a full retreat myself.

Upon ordering a full retreat, I checked the after-battle report and it says that the Keto siege carrier had retreated from the engagement and was not destroyed. I'm not sure if this is an issue related specifically to the mod or the unusual interaction of destroying a ship as it retreats.

Apologies for not getting pictures of the event but this just happened a few moments ago, using to my knowledge the latest builds of both Starsector and the Scy Nation mod.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Not Ending
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 01:57:49 PM »

Is this carrier a modular ship? That is, does it have modules sort of like a station?

If so, this is likely a vanilla bug that's fixed for the next release.

(Welcome to the forum, btw!)

ModeWondershot

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 04:08:25 PM »

Just verified that yes, the carrier in question is a modular ship.

Thanks very much for the response and the words of welcome, you folks are making a pretty fantastic game here.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 04:22:49 PM »

Thank you for confirming! Happy you're enjoying the game so far.

(Btw - if you run into this sort of thing again and have the Console Commands mod installed, I understand that the EndCombat command should work around the issue.)

Quastor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 11:17:12 AM »

Just letting everyone know that if you dont have console commands this soft locks the game as i have experienced. retreating does nothing.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 11:27:57 AM »

Scy has a script to deal with that bug. It should work even when adding them to an existing save.

ApolloStarsector

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2020, 10:49:38 PM »

Scy has a script to deal with that bug. It should work even when adding them to an existing save.

Hi, I ran into the retreat bug. I am using SCY nation among several other faction mods. I see the script. How do I use it? It was such a long battle, haha. I'm going to leave the game open in case there is a way to force the battle to end.

I associated it with Java and launched it, nothing happened.

Ced Riggs

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2020, 04:02:13 AM »

If you have ConsoleComands, you can solve this with the "nuke" command, which should destroy anything that counts as hostile and alive. Also helps with Yuri Expedition's spaceborne infantry pseudo-fighters.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2020, 12:44:45 AM »

Hi, I ran into the retreat bug. I am using SCY nation among several other faction mods. I see the script. How do I use it? It was such a long battle, haha. I'm going to leave the game open in case there is a way to force the battle to end.

I associated it with Java and launched it, nothing happened.
The script runs as part of the SCY mod (and many other mods with modular ships have their own copies). You can't execute it separately.
If the bug still happens with SCY running, either the script has an unreported bug (seems highly unlikely given how widely the code is used), your version is out of date, or something else is causing the battle to not end.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 12:46:18 AM by Histidine »