Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Weapon stockpiles  (Read 952 times)

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Weapon stockpiles
« on: July 17, 2019, 01:15:38 PM »

Players use fewer ships and they generally know what they want from any given one and when, thus manufacturing them on demand is fine. However, with weapons the matter is muddier, since every ship can use a wide variety of them and if you want to retool your fleet, you have to think ahead and order all weapons you will need, which is going to be inconvenient, if you don't even have decided on loadout of the ship you're also ordering or just bought on some market. It would be nice if there was a stockpile of weapons you have blueprints of in all your colonies (or all your colonies with Patrol HQs or something) so that you don't have to worry if you have some particular bit already there and don't have to wait if it's missing. It would make endless hoarding somewhat less important as well (since weapon availability, while better than before, is still not good enough to fit the ship with a workable loadout without visiting several other markets).

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Weapon stockpiles
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 01:26:49 PM »

I have more problem with how every damn produced ship come with some mad variation of weapons.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 01:50:07 PM »

I just never sell any decent weapons and drop them off at colonies/free storage stations. Which exactly ensures that I have stuff stockpiled when needed.
I also may pre-order/buy at black markets rarer ones (like TLs) if none are stockpiled, even if don't plan to use them soon.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 01:52:02 PM by TaLaR »

bowman

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 02:48:34 AM »

I just stockpile them from day 1- they're generally not worth it to sell anyway, given how little most weapons are worth. The one thing I'd like to see is the weapons menu being searchable and with generally more options for limiting what you can see. This is mainly a problem when you start adding mod weapons but even in vanilla if you have a colony with what amounts to every weapon in the game and you have a hybrid mount you're gonna have a bad time.