Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Transponder check penalty during colony invasion.  (Read 873 times)

BringerofBabies

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Transponder check penalty during colony invasion.
« on: July 04, 2019, 07:07:45 PM »

I came across a minor bug where a defending patrol triggered a reputation hit due to my transponder being off when attacking a colony. The penalty shouldn't concern players because they plan to ravage the colony anyway, but seemed out of place.
Technically this is a modded game, but I'm pretty sure these behaviors wouldn't be changed by any mods.

1. Transverse jump to target colony from hyperspace with transponder off
2. Interact with colony before being hit by a patrol
3. Engage defenders (at least one patrol - in my case, the station was already out of action so it was only that one patrol)
4. See that the dialog for the patrol catching you without the transponder is inserted, although with just a continue option before heading into the battle proper.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Transponder check penalty during colony invasion.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 07:22:31 PM »

Thanks for the report. Hmm, this seems ok, actually - the reason the patrol is chasing you originally is the transponder, so it'll follow through on that, but it's going to be hostile either way, so it works out.