Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My 0.9(.1) suggestions  (Read 2364 times)

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
Re: My 0.9(.1) suggestions
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2019, 01:44:29 PM »

Maybe the ability to use a bunch of the garbage ships you collect/recover and dump them into a fleet that you pay a large one-time fee to have that fleet only orbit its home base.
I totally think this should be a thing; in my last Vanilla run, I had 50+ ships sitting around, no longer useful, and I could've had many more if I had an incentive to keep them.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2019, 04:18:00 PM »

Eventually, player will need items to meet demand because... Waystation (and maybe Megaport).  Waystation is required to keep your colony stocked with crew, supplies, and fuel, but only if demand is met.  If you want to be self-sufficient, or at least be able to resupply at your colonies, especially once you reach size 8+, then you need items (cores or otherwise) for your fuel production and heavy industry to meet demand.

If other factions sell pristine ships, then buying them makes sense if you cannot reliably produce pristine ships.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2019, 09:17:50 PM »

Couple more things that came up recently:

Free port toggle
If you want to set a colony as a free port, but it doesn't currently have a functioning spaceport, there's an annoyance where you have to wait for the spaceport to come up before you can press the button. (This is a particular issue with Nex's "grant colony autonomy" feature, since if you set the colony to autonomous you won't be able to change the free port state afterwards, so you have to wait for the spaceport)

Proposal: Make the button always work, but the market condition doesn't apply till the spaceport is up.

Delivery bar missions
These seem to like sending the player to distant places too much.
  • Base destination score == distance in light years, with modifiers for pirate or Pather activity on each end (+10 for pirates, +5 for pathers)
  • Score is then cubed for use as the random picker weight
  • Worse, each possible destination needs at least half the distance of the furthest destination to be even considered for the mission
This means that a sufficiently faraway player or NPC colony can be the only place the mission ever sends the player to.

I plan to experiment with the following changes in Nexerelin:
  • Distance score maxes out at 20 LY, increasing the distance further decreases score
  • Overall score is only squared instead of cubed
  • Remove the half distance minimum

dgs6686

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2019, 02:29:59 PM »

I would love to see D-Mod ships be more of a staple than they currently are. We are led to believe that no one has the capabilities to reliably manufacture defect free ships yet everyone and their neighbors are flying around in pristine ships or maybe at worst 1 D-Mod. Getting a pristine ship should be more special than it currently is. Heavy industry / nanoforges should be greatly reduced in power. Speaking of nanoforges why do these massive ship 3D printers only take up 1 unit of cargospace? These should take a whole atlas to transport and everyone should know you are doing it. Also, you should need more than 1 for the effects to be usable on larger ships. We should not be able to plop down on any random planet, build a heavy industry, install a random miniature 3d printer and start printing pristine 500k battleships. Having a pristine nanoforge in itself should be enough to cause other factions to view you as a threat.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 02:31:45 PM by dgs6686 »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2019, 03:34:57 PM »

Good point re: delivery event. Clamped the distance component to 10 ly on my end.

Free port stuff, let me think about it!
Pages: 1 [2]