Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: IA made bad choice in deploying ships  (Read 940 times)

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
IA made bad choice in deploying ships
« on: June 11, 2019, 02:33:19 PM »

I guess it's a bug, since it's very silly: I was helping a heavy patrol or security fleet from Tri-Tachyon (with a Paragon, a Doom, some light carrier and a few frigates) chasing a pirate armada. They engage first, then I join them. The Tri-tachyon fleet choose to deploy everything except the Doom and the Paragon! Why on earth it should do that? Even after trying to not deploy too many ship on my side to get enough point so it can deploy one of these big ship, IA refuse to send any new ships until all the others one were destroy.

It's not the first time I see this problem. Each time I help an ally fleet, it will first deploy its small and useless ships instead of any usefull cruiser or capital.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: IA made bad choice in deploying ships
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 02:37:32 PM »

IIRC when you join an allied battle, it tries not to deploy too much to leave room for the player. It'd likely deploy more at some point - I don't think it'd take losing *all* the ships it deployed, but probably some.

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: IA made bad choice in deploying ships
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 06:58:40 PM »

I try again the same battle, and when calculating IA deployed more than 45 points (so enough for a Paragon, or at least a mix of Doom + smaller ships). So even if the IA leave me room, it could a deployed a better fit of ships.