Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.9.1a is out! (05/10/19); Updated the Forum Rules and Guidelines (02/29/20); Blog post: GIF Roundup (04/11/20)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Adjusted Sector  (Read 37358 times)

wtftucker

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Adjusted Sector
« Reply #150 on: June 04, 2020, 11:19:28 AM »

Empty of domain era "xxxxxx" stuff, but can still be full of planets with ruins, research/mining/orbital stations/bases, derelict ships etc.  Otherwise yes you in theory could spend the first year exploring, never need to return to the core worlds due to the sheer number of domain probes, survey ships, etc. 

Also correct on the 'about half the default values' for ruins, etc from the original file.  In going for that 60% threshold however I think it perfectly acceptable to narrow the ranges however so that on the opposite end of the spectrum (all rolls somehow roll on the lowest possible value) that you aren't left with 500 vanilla systems.  Maybe worst case scenario you have 40% filled with SAD,BB, Rem, Derelict, etc & on high end 60%.  If this all makes sense?  Then its just up to your personal preference... would you rather it by a 30% to 70% spread?  Adjsut numbers accordingly.  Their isn't a right way as everyone plays the game different and finds fun in different things. 

« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 11:25:08 AM by wtftucker »

Hyperversum

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 02, 2020, 08:42:12 AM »

Hi everyone, let me say as a premise that I know it's a silly question and probably someone else already brought it up but better ask if there is a better solution that came up.

I was tweaking the values of the mod (doing my 2nd playthrough with mods after issues with my pc left me without the saves) to make it work for my hardware and I found something that works for me but... there is any good way to make survey missions not spawn at the edge of the map?
I mean, I get that by increasing the size of the map I am basically asking for it, but it makes them impossible to do in early game.

Nerzhull_AI

• Lieutenant
  • In self-sustaining chaos.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 04, 2020, 08:40:55 AM »

Hi everyone, let me say as a premise that I know it's a silly question and probably someone else already brought it up but better ask if there is a better solution that came up.

I was tweaking the values of the mod (doing my 2nd playthrough with mods after issues with my pc left me without the saves) to make it work for my hardware and I found something that works for me but... there is any good way to make survey missions not spawn at the edge of the map?
I mean, I get that by increasing the size of the map I am basically asking for it, but it makes them impossible to do in early game.
Nope. Survey missions just spawn this way, no matter the size of the sector.
Maybe i'll tinker with such things and update mod in future - right now i just don't have any time to spare.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]