Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Don't limit recoverable ship selection based on the 30 ship limit.  (Read 1561 times)

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile

This is an extension of the other topic on mothballed ships, but regardless of what happens to the fleet cap, I believe a good idea would be to simply disconnect the fleet cap from the number of available ships for recovery. I played the game a lot trying to salvage an specific ship only to realize that the reason why I couldn't salvage it was because I only had a few slots left in my fleet. I changed my configuration to 90 (but still don't fly more than 30) and voila, I'm now seeing 12+ ships each big fleet battle instead of 2. In order for this to not be necessary, why not make both things unrelated? Have something like a cross on top of the ships if the limit has been reached or if the player selected enough so that it reached the limit. This would give the player choice while not sacrificing the cap.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Don't limit recoverable ship selection based on the 30 ship limit.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 12:38:41 PM »

This is why I almost never have thirty ships in my fleet, so I can recover enemy ships if I want them.

There also needs to be a way to scuttle your ships during recovery if you see a ship you like to recover more than one of your ships, but cannot due to fleet cap.

If this gets implemented, you bet I would usually travel at the fleet cap very shortly after game start, which is good when enemies beyond early game always have thirty ships too (and often no logistics ships or only one).

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 02:32:48 PM »

Or just remove the fleet cap and let logistics limit fleet sizes.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 03:34:35 PM »

I ran into this yesterday.  I must have fought 6+ battles without a chance to recover ships before I figured out what was going on. 

Maybe if recovered ships defaulted to the mothball state and ships could only be pulled out of mothball if you were under your cap?

Paul_Kauphart

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 05:40:31 AM »

Didn't know about that... damn I probably missed a lot of opportunities.

Like Nick, I'd say : default recovered ships to mothballed, and don't count mothballed ship toward the cap.