Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Decivilised Station give nothing.  (Read 2037 times)

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
Decivilised Station give nothing.
« on: June 04, 2019, 03:18:02 AM »

So, i have a question.

Is it impossible in term of mechanics that decivilised station cannot have "scavenge" option or some looddrop made of ships and stuff inside? It's dont made sense that giant stations like for example Arigato dont give anything after it owner go to hell.

Hydra7-1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Decivilised Station give nothing.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 04:51:18 PM »

Usually the hand placed systems say something like "It would be unwise to dock with a dilapidated station" which implies it is too dangerous to try and scavenge.

AdmiralRem

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 09:56:55 AM »

Ya this has always bugged me a bit. Mostly because some of them CAN be used so I expect them all to be that way. I don’t mind the fact that it’s just a space hulk as it’s adds to the story but maybe just have a broken strewn out version of it so we know the difference at just a visual cue?

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 04:15:56 AM »

This is probably why, on planets there is a gravity well, so some of the valuable, yet extra large or heavy items like factories, excavation equipment won't be moved. On a space station, there is no gravity, so when things go downhill people just take whatever and leave, and thus you get no salvage for a space station.