Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Expedition Fleet Sizes: Capital Skew  (Read 8259 times)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Expedition Fleet Sizes: Capital Skew
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2019, 02:53:37 PM »

Frigate swarm can overwhelm targets.  Problem is thirty frigates cannot swarm an enemy fleet of thirty ships that are mostly capitals and cruisers.  The cap makes it that so bigger is better if you have the logistics (which NPCs can ignore) to support the biggest fleet.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2019, 07:47:19 PM »

What if fighters were faster, but less maneuverable? That works in my Pilum mini-mod to keep Pilums from deathballing.

Eh, I don't think it's the right fix in this case, but it's something to consider.

Typo91

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2019, 09:16:53 PM »

Late game Ideas =

I would like to see ways of locking down a system completely. 

Some kind of global view of how strong a faction is, so these death balls they keep loseing to me over and over are hurting them in some way.

Some end game events, something like a dark and powerful enemy that starts killing everyone

Aliens, why does everyone have to be human? I am sure a lot of moders would love to see some of those cool ships become part of the game

Gates that become active, maybe even to new galaxies?

Add multiplayer without adding multiplayer...  When a player enters a "Wormhole" his fleet is copied to a server, and then added to a database to be randomly sent to other player's games as a hostile invasion force, or piratefleet.   (its an idea from the game "Reassembly") it works well, very interesting, as you never know what to expect.

Add an event that somehow takes the character into a coma, to wake up 100s of years later to find a lot of things has changed.  It would be funny finding some of your old ships floating around.

An Endgame deathstar/megaship you build as a goal, but you need to work hard to find all the tech to finish it, and its a large sink for materials.  Maybe something happens just before you finish it, and when we finally finish it somehow all of the factions have gotten stronger, or some big alien force has taken over, and then its your job to cleanse the galaxy with this thing.

The ability to level beyond 50.... because honestly, you MUST have certain things late game, like max officers and just about anything with Fleet in it, but its no fun to fly ships yourself because if you do yourself right for Late game, you can't get combat skills for just 1 ship, and still have profitable coloneis as well as not leaking supplies and sucking fuel.  Whats the harm in letting is have it all?

A way to order your taskforces to go deal with those bases and fleets outside of your system.

The other factions should have a downside to sending those expeditions... If I sneeze wrong on them they get mad and set me to hostile, yet they get to blob my system with fleets without a care in the world... thats just lore breaking.  How about a meter, that if they attack me too much, I am fully justified to glass their homeworld without anyone batting and eye at it.

Tier 4, 5, and 6 starbases?  Honestly when starbases first was teased I thought it was something that was so big it barley fit on the map, this would be cool.

Option to put Officers on Leave of Absence, without losing them.  (so you can scale back your expenses and do some exploring, while letting your planet grow among other things)

A ship that takes RAW something and produces Supplies or Fuel, maybe even a mining mechanic, harvest gas giants, or stars corona.  The idea of not having to rely on RNG gods in deep space to get more stuff you need to keep exploring.

A Capital Personnel ship.  Botanical Cruiser (from battlestar) maybe even it has cloning onboard? Grows food??

sorry for all the long list of ideas.

Computers have come a long way since this game was first a game.  Average Ram was like 2 or 3GB, and dual core was still the most common with hyper-threading.  Now 8GB is the Bare minimum (2019 16gb building now being minimum), 4 cores is the bare minimum, no-gamer in their right mind is building a system 2019 with 4 cores now.  Most gamers are well beyond that.  At this rate the game is in trouble of being dated before its potential is realized.

With such a good size modding community I guess I dont really understand why more of these features arn't into the game... seems there is a lot of willing and capable content creators, not even looking for a paycheck.

Pages: 1 2 [3]