Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: "Management Bonus" grants +2 Bonus to stability from your own commander?  (Read 1693 times)

Baqar79

• Captain
    • View Profile

Tried doing a string search of "Management" on the 0.9a & 0.9.1a threads patch log but didn't seen anything about this.

Not sure if it is a bonus awarded for all colonies under my player characters control, or whether it may be because I'm governing 1 of 2 planets or even if it is an unintended feature. 

I noticed this extra +2 stability bonus when I tried switching to a colony administrator with exactly the same picks (FL3, & IP3), but had a noticeable drop in credits/month; turns out it was because the stability dropped from 10 to 8, on account of the missing "+2 Management Bonus".

Does anyone have any explanation for this bonus? (It isn't the same as PO3's +2 Stability bonus which is called "Planetary Operations" and stacks with "Management Bonus" for a further bonus to stability).

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile

If you govern less than your maximum number of colonies, you are awarded a stability bonus. Same as when you exceed your number of colonies, you get a penalty.

Baqar79

• Captain
    • View Profile

I thought that could be a possibility, I just couldn't find anything confirming/denying that was the case.

So this is an intended feature, or at least I'll assume it is for now.

Thanks Schwartz!

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Np. On the command->colonies tab, there's two stats in the upper right with tooltips explaining how it works exactly.

Baqar79

• Captain
    • View Profile

Oh...wow, didn't see that there...

Many thanks for pointing me to the correct tool-tip! :)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I suspect the reason PO3 has +2 stability is NPC administrators can use that bonus but cannot use higher colony limit because they have no colony limit to use.  +2 stability is just a roundabout way to get +1 colony (or +2 stability) for player and +2 stability for NPCs.