Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fleets at same bounty level have more than double the DP  (Read 990 times)

stormbringer951

• Commander
    • View Profile
Fleets at same bounty level have more than double the DP
« on: May 29, 2019, 09:49:14 AM »

There's a 50k difference; this looks like it would correspond to maybe a 2-4 level difference under the hood, depending on how the random elements of the rewards line up. The game generates one "high-level" bounty most of the time, this looks like it. So, this isn't random, but rather the one intentionally tougher-than-normal bounty.

I checked some modded savegames I imported from 0.9. I queried the bounty levels for the fleets in PersonBountyIntel on a few saves, running Java code in the console commands mod, and there's definitely something weird going on.

Level 9 bounty (282,000), Cycle 208 Month 9 Day 15, Char Level 52, average level Bounty.

9 capital ships, 15 cruisers, 15 destroyers, 15 frigates. Note: this alarmingly strong bounty has more than 30 ships. My player/AI fleet size limit is 30.

Level 9 bounty (283,500), Cycle 208 Month 12 Day 30, Char Level 58, lowest level Bounty: 4 caps, 2 cruisers, 11 destroyers, 13 frigates.

Modlist
Code: json
{"enabledMods": [
  "$$$_lightshow",
  "$$$_trailermoments",
  "ai_flag_tool",
  "active_gates",
  "raccoonarms",
  "automatic-orders",
  "lw_autosave",
  "CAS",
  "CombatAnalytics",
  "chatter",
  "lw_radar",
  "lw_console",
  "istl_dam",
  "diableavionics",
  "DisassembleReassemble",
  "sun_doubled_supply_cost",
  "sun_fuel_siphoning",
  "gs",
  "GMDA",
  "sun_halved_fuel_efficiency_and_cost",
  "junk_pirates_release",
  "kadur_remnant",
  "KH",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "ArkLeg",
  "luddenhance",
  "MagicLib",
  "Mayasuran Navy",
  "sun_new_beginnings",
  "nexerelin",
  "ORA",
  "wyv_planetaryShieldAccessControl",
  "portrait",
  "TAR",
  "sun_ruthless_sector",
  "SCY",
  "SEEKER",
  "shadow_ships",
  "swp",
  "bonomel_skilledup",
  "speedUp",
  "sun_starship_legends",
  "Sylphon_RnD",
  "tahlan",
  "TS_Coalition",
  "underworld",
  "US",
  "URW",
  "lw_version_checker",
  "vesperon",
  "toggleWeapons",
  "audio_plus",
  "shaderLib",
  "my_config"
]}
[close]

I also have some other examples of bounty fleets that vastly exceed the 30 ship limit. Checking my modlist, I am fairly confident nothing should be messing with bounty fleet generation, although I haven't checked the codebase of all the mods.

EDIT: It may be related to the same problem that caused that report of a Luddic Path fleet exceeding fleet size limit, and perhaps may be implicated in complaints of uneven bounty fleet strength?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 09:55:11 AM by stormbringer951 »
Weapons Group Controls mod - deselect all weapon groups, hold-down hold-fire mode, toggle alternating/linked fire
Captain's Log - throw away your notepad: custom notes, ruins and salvageable reminders
Old Hyperion - for your dose of nostalgia
Adjustable Skill Thresholds - set fleet DP and fighter bay thresholds

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Fleets at same bounty level have more than double the DP
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 09:57:18 AM »

Yeah, this looks like the manifestation of the "larger fleet than 30" issue; on my list to look at that eventually.